1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 likes Westbrook to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

OKC was number 6 in pace. Russ likes to run.

One thing Morey has mentioned is playing with more place

2. Nook

Nook Member

Deuce, Blurr#7, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

regardless if the Rockets are interested (If the HEat) are also interested, take it to the bank we will
    i doubt we get him, but again i wouldnt mind.. He plays with heart (Thats one thing) that he plays with a lot of energy..

airflights92 likes this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Why on earth do you think the Rockets can’t win the Western Conference when they are returning their top seven players from their rotation? The Clippers nor the Lakers are better than the Warriors with Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green. Once the Rockets were fully healthy after the all-star break, they finished the year 20-5, and nine of those wins came without Danuel House.

The Rockets are capable of winning the Western Conference as is, but if Morey can pull off the trade for Iguodala and use the remainder of the mid-level exception wisely, they would have their deepest and best team in recent memory. That doesn’t include signing Tyson Chandler for the veteran’s minimum to back up Capela, either.

*Edited because JaMychal Green agreed to re-sign with the Clippers

#84 DVauthrin, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden might be dumb enough to believe he could play with Russ. This is the same guy who gave Morey the ok to sign Paul to a 4 year deal.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How dare you disrespect Aaron Brooks like this.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

magic try suns

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Why would he be exhausted when u would have west the first n 3rd. Cp3 2nd n 4th. Harden the 4th.. easy

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I never thought you wanted to trade for Westbrook and was simply agreeing with you. We are on the same page that it’s a bad fit for the Rockets.

Unless Westbrook is willing to fix his flaws, I’m of the belief he will always put up numbers, but never win a championship.

Nook likes this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

11. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

LMAO

I would never disrespect the goat AB. This was just the only photoshop I could find with a Rox jersey.

But seriously, I don't want this Westbrook thing to happen, and because of that, it probably will happen.

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i say lets get him

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

If we traded for Russ he would be packaged again at the deadline.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

CP liking his own post? C'mon CP, you're better than this

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Right now I'm sure there is a fair amount of posturing going on and like in the recent past Houston is being shamelessly used as the team to start the bidding. Whether it's true or not, I'm not sure. I don't think Houston would turn down Westbrook in the right deal, but giving up Ego and Capela for him is a little harder pill to swallow since as most have mentioned - Westbrook's value of late has taken a Melo like turn for the worse along with his efficiency.

Obviously CP is having some fun with it, but I don't think Houston's mgmt is the one starting these rumors - I think it's more likely that OKC is leaking these reports to try to get teams to beat a package that probably doesn't include both Ego and Capela but who OKC wants other teams to think does include those guys. I wouldn't be surprised if these rumors are a tactic OKC is using to try to get Boston to bite on a generous trade offer. I could see OKC and Boston working out a Hayward for Russ trade but I bet OKC would want Boston to also let one of their young guys go.

...as an aside - I'm kind of curious what is going on in Boston right now. Ainge is finally at that point where he is either going to have to commit to his young guys or let them walk for nothing - has he indicated which of his young guys he is definitely keeping because I could see him trading Tatum or Brown if he doesn't think he is willing to offer them the max in the next year or two or if they are disgruntled with the direction of the team.

17. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Maybe, it still does not take away from the fact that he’s ranked in top 10 in defensive rating statistically which you know how it is calculated. Most in the Top 20 list are good defenders. And difference between Westbrook and Leonard is by 2.

Anyhow compared to our current guards (not including CP3), Westbrook is still more aggressive when it comes to defense. I am not a big fan of Westbrook but if this trade is going to happen then I’m looking at the upside on Westbrooks ability while ignoring his knuckle headedness decisions.

18. rockets13champs

There are 0 centers in free agency

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Westbrook would average 30 rebounds per game on the Rockets.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess if you played him with four prime-age Mutombos? :D
    [​IMG]