1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Riley please save us from CP3 contract.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hemingway, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Contract is one year with player option on second. He would be a decent bench player this year and another expiring next year or at the deadline.. harden, Gordan, rivers, and dragic is a very good front court rotation. I would argue that the marginal difference is worth getting out from under an albatross

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agree to disagree, for me Olynyk does nothing, would get eposed on D at the 5 and at the 4 just like Ryan, i guess he wouldn't have issues with the depth perception in Houston but eh, i just think we don't need him, especially with that contract so, for me it would be literally swapping Chris with Dragic so, a better player for a better contract, in the end that wouldn't help us at all.

Smacktle likes this.
  3. dejamike

dejamike Member

I agree. Some people on this board thinks CP3 is like Ryan Anderson.... lol

Y2JT and clutchdabear like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We are getting 75 cents on the dollar for CP3s production vs. pay, people have referred to him as a corpse. The reality is, very few players actually earn their full max. Whether they are a veteran in their prime that may sit out games due to injury, or if they are paid early as a young up and coming player and may or may not earn their money in the later years of that max contract.

Kevin Durant - Injured most of the first year of his max, will be 32 when he returns
    Klay Thompson - Injured first year of max contract, hope is he earns the remaining years
    Lebron James - Injured first year of new Lakers max contract, missed the playoffs completely
    KAT - Superax, hope is he truely earns it in the later years
    AD- Guy will miss games due to injures and play the same number of games as an old CP3
    Kyrie - Will miss games due to injuries on new max contract as he has in the past
    Westbrook - Not worth his $200M deal, was paid anyways
    Devin Booker - This guy signs a max and gets injured in the summer? Team can't make the playoffs, so hes playing less games there as well
    Blake Griffen - $188M and injured very often, including crucial playoffs which to his credit he played through

This list goes on, it would be easier to just make a list of guys who earn their full max contract.

Y2JT likes this.
  5. rammo

rammo Member

Wait.... what’s this?
    [​IMG]

Sean Dr34ms and pippendagimp like this.
  6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Please save us from stupid threads and posts like this.

DVauthrin, Smacktle and bilaal14 like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I dont see us shipping out CP3 unless we are getting westbrook in a 3 team deal. Simple as that.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

When injury happens, sometimes the media and fans seem to fault the player. More so if that player has a big fat contract. Damaged goods. No player wants to get hurt and they know how it looks publicly and what it means for their future earning potential. NBA teams probably have worker's comp for their front office, business side, or people working at the stadiums but not the actual players... after all, they're millionaires. Some this padding in the salary and guaranteed money, is assurance to the player that the team will take care of them and their families, if they get hurt.

With the recent TV deals and NBA's growing popularity, the owners are riding in good times. Why shouldn't the backbone of the game (the actual players) get a salary bump. Guys like Dirk, D-Wade probably wished they would have been born 5 years later and be able collect the bigger checks like CP3.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

-Pat Riley isn’t on Clutchfans
    -Getting rid of CP3 without significant return won’t make Rockets better
    -Giving up picks just for the hell of it is another bad idea.
    -it seems like this forum is obsessed with getting rid of CP3 in favor of nothing, just for the hell of it.
    -Random trade idea thread, it’s located on the top of the forum you can post random threads there , making separate threads by calling out other GMs doesn’t mean they will read Clutchfans lol.

Dacamel and Y2JT like this.
  10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

the only way i am giving up two first is if WInslow is on that trade block forget olynyk

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Every thread about the rockets are interested in someone is spinning off into random trade ideas. I will not start threads like this and use the random trade thread which virtually no one is looking at anymore. The idea behind my post is o get rid of cp3's contract not make us immediately better, but to set us up for getting better at the deadline or next year. People that believe we can run it back with an even older Chris Paul with a reloaded West are delusional.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are the Rockets winning a title this year with an older CP0 and the same ol’ role players around Harden? I say no, they aren’t.

it really depends on what we have to give up in order to get rid of him, and also if we can get solid rotation players on good/easily movable contracts in return as opposed to just swapping bad contracts with another team

CP0’s albatross deal is like an anchor...it would all be worth it if we had won the title in 2018 or were getting closer to that goal, but as of now we’re just getting worse every year, and so is he

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thank you, at least one reasoanable take without all the name calling.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I would love if Miami would do it, but I doubt it.

ball king23 likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Another horrible Chris Paul trade idea from you. First, he’s easily the best player in the deal by a long shot. Second, you have the Rockets giving up two first round picks to purge his contract.

The Rockets are on the short list of teams capable of winning the championship this season. The last thing they should do is sabotage their chances by trading their second best player and two future first round draft picks for two average players.

#36 DVauthrin, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    cerophilik likes this.
  16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

set us up for what at the deadline? we have no assests, so why waste Harden's prime on nothing? unless a player is forcing his way here, i don't see the need to move CP3 NOW

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lol Clutch just made you look stupid.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah both are negative unmoveable contracts