1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN / MacMahon] Sources say Rockets do have interest in a Russell Westbrook deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 7, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This /thread. We could be wrong but I doubt it

Blatz likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not so sure. When they're confident it doesn't happen. So if they believe it's a long shot it's probably more likely.

CCity Zero and HP3 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m looking at it like Brodie can be the SF this team so desperately needs.

He can beat his man 1 on 1
    He can drive and kick out
    He can slash
    He’s explosive
    He rebounds
    Hit some 3s

4. smp

smp Member

I would be shocked if this happens but I would definitely do as long as it doesn’t involve future first round picks or harden.

Anyone else can be a part of the deal for all I care. Our only assets are EG, Tucker, and Capela. CP3 isn’t really an asset that I could see anyone wanting because of his salary.

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If we can get rid of Paul for westbrook..plz do it all day.

arabrocket likes this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Mvp Westbrook was a better player than Giannis

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

almost a PERFECT 3 for our system

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I’d probably prefer Adams over Capela. Gallinari would be a solid stretch four that would allow tucker to spend some time at the three, ameliorating the need for a huge upgrade at defensive three. Injuries would be the concern with gallo.

Like both players and would definitely have interest

9. Coach E

Coach E Member

It’s almost impossible due to what OKC would want, the cap space situation for both teams, and what Houston would have to give up.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

nope thanks

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Eric Gordon, Shump (S&T) + fillers (Harenstein, Clark, Fraizer, Chioza) works financially, all expiring's, Gordon could probably be flipped for a pick at the deadline for them as well. The question is - how many 1st would they want? I'd do both of our 2020 and 2022 1st, as we'd have Harden, Westbrook, Paul and Capela all under contract still. It will get slippery if they ask for picks beyond 2022.

Paul / Rivers
    Westbrook / Green
    Harden / House
    Tucker
    Capela

We would desperately need size in the paint, Jamaychal Green would be perfect.

tc0330, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Depends on the depth of the market for Westbrook. A player on that large of a contract with a skill set proven to not be enough to be the leader in a championship team may not be all that desirable league wide. If the Mavs and Hawks pass - the long term savings of the Paul contract vs the Russ contract,couple with some immediate savings - the non guaranteeds for filler / or EG for his expiring while we take in addl years and send a few firsts might work.

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s the one that makes the most sense to me, too. Surprisingly, I have not heard his name associated with any trade. That team is paying a ton to be terrible. Seems like they should be willing to move him.

clutchdabear and BeBreezy like this.
  15. bmd

bmd Member

"proven to not be enough to be the leader in a championship team"... true, but those Thunder teams with Durant and Westbrook were pretty damn good. They went to the Finals once and damn-near took down the Warriors in the WCF when the Warriors were at their absolute peak.

I'm not sure what I think about Westbrook on the Rockets. There is evidence pointing to it being really good, despite his flaws, and there is evidence that it could be bad. I just don't know.

16. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ Member

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I say "no, thank you." Respectfully.

BeBreezy likes this.
  18. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Great two ball hogs on offense. Who will lead the team in most dribbles with out passing?

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

Has everyone forgotten that Westbrook can't hit a 3 and takes over 5 a game to prove that he can't hit them. Our team is built for guys to hit their shots. How are we going to space the floor one of your main players would be dared to shoot in the clutch?

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dude I have no idea what you’re talking about haha. Judging by my brief interaction with you in this thread, you’re obviously worthy of any ridicule that might have came your way. Keep that list going strong though partner it will serve you well someday.