1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey gave Clippers their ATTRACTIVE core.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

We are still an above average location but that doesn’t mean much when you have two better markets in NY, two in LA.... similar markets in San Francisco and Dallas and Chicago... then wild card markets like Miami or Phoenix.

Getting franchise caliber players to come to non power markets is extremely hard. Toronto is a massive market, they won a title and still just lost their franchise player... a year earlier San Antonio, one of the most successful franchises in NBA history lost that same franchise player.

I know everyone is frustrated but it really isn’t anything the Rockets front office did wrong other than run their mouths.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

KL and Pg13 are a match made in heaven. Two top scorers that are unselfish and are easily to get along with.

PlayBall and daywalker02 like this.
  3. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Yes because they wanted to keep their CORE

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Bev and Trez and Lou are massively overrated. We watched them, we would know. Weak interior and not one ball handler that can control tempo.

Bring’em on...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Whiney hindsight post .....must be the summer

Rocket River

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m not really attracted to any one them. Doesn’t bother me if you are, though.

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That attractive core wasn’t going to cut it. If they didn’t get PG he wasn’t gonna sign with them. So another super star duo. George likes being the second guy and wanted to go to LAL.

I mean I like Lou and really like Pat bev but Pat is overrated on defense. Even with us I wouldn’t want him to be so pesky because it would usually pissed off the other point guard or someone else. And instead of helping us get into the other guy it would get them hot. Also he would get in foul trouble with silly fouls. But he still a player I like. Trez and Bev just give energy and always give them best.

I feel Kawhi is a bit over rated imo. Yes he won a chip in Toronto but Warriors were weak and He wasn’t the only guy hitting crucial shots for them.
    And Pg as well both are great defenders but PG couldn’t pass the first round in OKC, two years in a row.

Plowman and buffalobills!!! like this.
  8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Are we just going to ignore the fact that morey to trade for cp3 had to give away enough salary and had to include those players? He was signing. Dont act like we traded those players to satisfy what the clippers wanted. They had to be included to match salary. There was no choice in who we traded for cp3

9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

lou would have been a free agent again. He signed an extension with the clippers.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

AD has played 75 games a season back to back prior to last/this season.. dude should be fine

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ughh they were ranked 11 defensively, not bad at all. next year they will be top 5 EASILY.

the clippers won the trade. it is what it is. jerry west >>> failure morey

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with much of what cerophilik said above.

Folks here are mightily overrating those guys. Lou gives you streaky offense with no D. To his credit, Pat gives you a better J now, but can't handle the rock, and his D contrary to belief isn't all that.. Also Trez is all about hustle, but physically overmatched. Challenged skillwise too.

Everyone looks at that deal and complains ...but it's all about the contract Chris got, not the players we gave up. Again, we were robbed by the League of a Championship. This is conveniently forgotten when analyzing the CP3 deal. It was for services rendered, as well as the future. He can still run a team better than anyone in the league and has the best mid range game. He was forced into a lot of really deep 3's with the shot clock running against GS. I agree that 40 million is obscene, but at the same time you have to put it into context. if it was 25, most people would be feel pretty good about it. The guy hasn't fallen off nearly as much as many of you seem to think. There are ball distribution issues between him and James that need to get worked out. I'd wager that IF CP3 is here this year, he'll look much better.

I won't take anything away from Leonard or George...They are great players....

But...I'm not impressed with the rest of the Clippers.

IBTL and SamFisher like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah.... I’ll take the under on games played this next season. What do you wanna bet? 65 games?

Plowman likes this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Excellent post

15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Pat and Lou are not stars, they’re good at what they do.

You can pick apart our role players also just like you did them.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

Oh yeah? If we replace cp3 with Lou, bev, and Harrell - kawhi's picking us? No? /thread

17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

18. rockets13champs

It had a lot to Location, location and location

19. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Maybe not kawhi he’s a LA dude but I think guys around league & stars really respect harell, bev, and Lou more than just CP3 at this point.

Butler yep

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Clippers being in LA has something to do with Kawhi and PG going there.