1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul (allegedly) was on almost traded to OKC for Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Jul 6, 2019.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You are a moron if you thought the trade of Chris Paul to the Bulls was real. And you are a bigger moron if you still think this guy is credible.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is ridiculous. Not only is Wes enormously better than Chris Paul, he makes the same money at age 30, is a much better defender, better assists, finishes better, and will be a better trade option in the future. No way Oklahoma trades Westbrook for Paul straight up. They will want several picks. If you don’t think there are other teams lining up offers of picks and expiring contracts you are nuts.

IBTL and Highlyrated like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ring ring ring. Hey Chris, this is your GM Daryl Morey. How would you like moving to OKC?

I doubt that conversation happened.

Williamson likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

And you know this how ? (Just curious - I'm dubious of anyone who spouts inside information).

blink52y, BaselineFade and Zoplicone like this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So he:
    1.) reported something that didn't happen; and
    2.) is more credible than Broussard?

[​IMG]

34to11 likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's safe to assume that a competent GM will do his due diligence and at least discussed the possibility of any player joining.

I don't think wb is a fit for us even though he has the inflated stats that says so otherwise

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i believe it. it makes sense. Harden was able to play with Wes when he was with the Thunder; pretty sure they are good friends off the court. I don't care what anyone says, Russell Westbrook is still one of the top 10 players in the NBA. He needs to go to a team with another player than can handle the ball and take some pressure off him. Also, Harden plays well off the ball. As far as the Thunder; makes a lot sense. they are rebuilding, so they have crazy cap space and can absorb a contract like CP3 for draft picks. They'll just accumulate those picks and try to find the next KD, Westbrook, Harden combo in the draft.

Sucks cause i really think Westbrook and Harden could be special back together again.

DanO 337, Highlyrated and Cstyle42 like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You lost me at harden plays well off the ball

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden is a great spot up shooter. Not a great off ball player.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

having a lot more credibility than Broussard is like having a lot more willingness to spend money on talent than Tilman Fertitta.

xiki likes this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Did this OKC Kawhi thing not teach you guys anything?!?!??

Like seriously

Show me one single post on the whole internet that mentioned Paul George being shipped before last night.

Half this forum rips on sources while the other half gives them clout

lakersuck2 likes this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

But taking CP3 puts them right back in the same spot.

13. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

This doesn't make any sense in so many levels

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden on the Thunder had a very low usage rate and wasn’t an MVP caliber player so it was much easier to just fall back and be the 3rd wheel behind ball hog Russ and KD

Harden and Westbrook have been the league leaders in usage rate in 4 of the 5 past seasons

Harden has not been a competent off-ball player in years, and we need to stop acting like he will all of the sudden be some great off-ball player again at age 30

Westbrook is not a top 10 player unless all you’re looking at is his basic box score stats and nothing else

OKC ownership is looking to reduce payroll. People really think they’d want to be paying a disgruntled CP0 max money for the next 3 years to not even be a playoff team?

JackLordsHair66 and xiki like this.
  15. TheSource

TheSource Member

Westbrook contract is a year longer and the last year he is making almost 50 million dollars ..... no thanks

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

being more credible than Broussard is like being the tallest midget.

Dacamel and 34to11 like this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

was...almost...? Lol.

Rickets, can you stop this BS?

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wow. I guess there are still some out there.

I guess I will start with... by what measure do you feel Westbrook is enormously better? Better defender? Better passer? Better finisher? You won’t find stats to back this claim, I checked already. Just wondering how it is you came to the conclusion?

Better finisher is about the only one you get half right I guess. Career wise Paul is better pretty easily other than this last season when Westbrook had an outlier high of 65% at the rim. Paul in his first season in Houston was 66.2% finisher and that wasn’t even his career high.

I don’t doubt a team, a dumb desperate one, is ready to trade for Westbrook. Pray to god it’s not us.

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

these ten are definately better than russ.

kawhi
    lebron
    AD
    Curry
    PG13

Harden
    Giannis
    lilard
    KD
    Embid

He is arguably in the top twenty...some would say top 30 after last years playoffs. or even top 40?

#39 jcmoon, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    don grahamleone and whiskeyred like this.
  20. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Lol