1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 8 Best Teams In West As Of Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 6, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

I projected GS in 7th seed and conference finals.
    Clippers 67 wins
    Nuggets 58
    jazz 56
    Rockets 53
    Lakers 52
    Blazers 50
    GS 48
    Spurs 47

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Rockets
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Jazz
    Lakers
    Warriors
    Spurs

buffalobills!!! and BigShasta like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Continuity = rockets 1 seed similar to 2017.

Playoffs are a different animal but a #1 seed will be great.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lots of you people will be sh0cked when the rox are the #1 seed.

5. ilias

ilias Member

I think the Kings have a decent chance of making it. Lots of talent and depth. They are my dark horse for the playoffs race. Mavs, Pelicans have an outside shot as well.

Tough to predict who misses out. OKC seems like the obvious choice, despite Westbrook, Adams, Gallo being a good core. I can see the Spurs missing out as well, but the Morris signing was great for them.

I am not sold on the Lakers, they are very thin, maybe they pick up Iggy though. A little bit sceptical for the Blazers, they lost a lot of key contributors from last year. GSW may also struggle. They really need to hit a couple of homeruns with their vet mins, otherwise their bench production will suffer. Thompson may not play much in the regular season. If one of Green, Curry, Russell gets an injury and misses 20 games, I would not be surprised with them not making the playoffs.

Utah looks perfect on paper, I can see them winning 60, they are so deep, lots of defensive talent and way more scoring/shooting than last year. At 16:1 they are the best value bet to win it all. Clippers are the clear favourites to win the West.

1. Clippers
    2. Jazz
    3-5 Rockets, Lakers, Nuggets
    6-7 Blazers, GSW
    8-12 Spurs, Kings, OKC, Mavs, Pelicans

BigggReddd, Gray_Jay and BigBum like this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

man what? We had anything but continuity in 2017

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I meant the #1 seed similarity

8. opticon

opticon Member

There might be a 45+ win team that does not make the playoffs this year on the west.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol and here I was thinking the West would finally be easier than the East....east is the leastern conf again smh.

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

With the additions Utah, Denver, San Antonio, Dallas and Portland made, you have to figure at least a couple of them are going to be surprise contenders this season. That's not to mention the Lakers and Clippers, and Golden State will be hanging around. The Rockets, meanwhile, are aging, overly dependent on one guy playing at an MVP level, and probably have already peaked with this group. They easily could end up at the lower end of playoff seedings in the West as presently constructed, nevermind actually competing for a championship. But you have to think Morey will make at least one significant move in this offseason, so I'm trying hard to withhold judgement. It's hard when you see all these players moving around and other teams getting better. Makes you wonder how much patience Tillman will have with Morey.

11. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Lmao I love how everyone overrates the Lakers, which seems to be every year. Their franchise just got played by Kawhi Leonard by doing nothing. Lebron is getting up their in age, and him and Davis are both injury prone. Not to mention they are a brand new duo with no practice playing together. And their supporting cast is questionable. Injury prone boogie back with Davis? I cannot see this team being in the top 4 this year. And history is telling me this is another one of those Lakers teams that look cool on paper, but end up being a letdown. I'll have my money on teams without all the dysfunction and drama of the Lakers, such as the jazz nuggets blazers etc to be fighting for top seeds in the west. And definitely the rockets over the Lakers.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The disrespect to harden. Just because people team up to form teams, doesnt mean they are the same tier as the warriors b4 the injuries. Harden can carry scrubs to playoffs if he had 2.

Our team isnt garbage just a year older. Harden isnt some pushover to not get into playoffs.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

I agree with ur top seven, I would say the 8th spot is between Kings and mavs

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

You are right, first round will be tough. 5teams look better.
    Morey is just terrible last July and now.
    Tilman loves morey bc of profit.
    Save luxury tax profit, don’t buy picks.
    Big F in draft and free agent market.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Rockets
    Clippers
    Utah
    Lakers
    Denver
    Blazers
    Spurs
    Warriors

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol are you crazy? That 73 win team had soo much depth. This team has nothing.

They replaced Bogut, Ezili, Barnes, Livingston, Barbosa, Iggy, Speights..

With a bunch of question marks.

Barnes as a 3rd option was awesome.

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Most of those teams aren’t better than us. Would you really put the Lakers that high with what their roster is now? I’m not sure I would. We know what the Blazers are from years past and Denver still has no wing depth. Now, you could be right if Porter Jr. is as good as we suspect, but Jolie still struggles against Capela. We can beat most of these teams in the playoffs. Let’s see how Leonard’s quad holds up and if George can remain healthy. I’m not sure about their centers defensively either. Since when is Mike Conley this much of a difference maker? Someone will likely emerge ahead of us, but I’m not convinced the Rockets are as bad or as low in the standings as you think.

roslolian and don grahamleone like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@ Blazers

Nurkic might not come back till February.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dunno who exactly is on Dallas' bench but if Luka and Porkchop catch fire, I think they are battling for 6th seed.

True, Spurs are always there at 7th-8th seed when it comes down to it.

Rockets might have Denver's number with the guard rotation but Denver is pretty good against most teams in R season.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You're such butt hurt, homer, fanboy. The Rockets are not looking good right now. They're a 6th seed team at best.