1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Paul George traded to Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I NO got more for AD. They got 3 picks + players/

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Remix

Remix Member

This is so stupid. Two terribly ran franchises in LA have managed to rise to relevancy due solely because they're in a "glamour" city..... Dumb

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

You're not entirely wrong that location played a role, but the Clippers have been a historically bad franchise and used to be the laughing stock of the whole NBA. They didn't all of a sudden move to LA.

Don't be silly to think Clippers are "terribly run." Are you seriously implying Jerry West doesn't know what he is doing?

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Would love for the NBA to take Cuban’s idea and switch our division to the East now.

6. basketballholic

No one should be shocked by this. It was inevitable. And that's why i kept mentioning it. Presti had been trying to move Westbrook since the end of the season to no avail. Trading one of George/ Westbrook was inevitable from the moment they signed George.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Clips have never been in the Conference Finals, correct ??

That will quickly change.

Lol @ Westbrook too. It must suck being his teammate.

8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

If Vegas ever gets a team.

9. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

They have Jerry West And we have Daryl Morey enough said

10. Nook

Nook Member

So Danny Ainge didn’t trade Jaylen Brown for Paul George because it was to high a price.... and OKC trades for Paul George and then turns around and deals him for a haul that absolutely dwarfs the assets Ainge spent years building up?

The assets the Thunder got were absolutely staggering. Preston extracted just about every possible asset. They still have Stephen Adams and Russ Westbrook to deal which will make their own draft pick more valuable.

hakeem94, Icehouse and Major like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

How did Jerry West do in Memphis getting big free agents to sign there? Jerry West is awesome but don’t underestimate the market of Los Angeles, especially with so many players coming from the area.

hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LAC traded all that for PG AND Kawhi though...

hakeem94 and likestohypeguy like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Paul George day is tomorrow folks!! OKC gonna be the place for celebration tomorrow!!

14. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

They have jerry west and we have daryl morey

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You keep thinking that lil buddy.

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Because they're in a gigantic market, which also happens to be the center of the world's entertainment industry.

I give the NBA some credit for not rigging it more in their favor, as well as not putting their thumb on the scale to make sure the Knicks and Nets were successful, or Chicago, post-Jordan.

The league'll have to do something about this player movement phenomenon. This just kills OKC financially for the next year or two, and maybe more. They spend lavishly trying to win---racking up an insane luxury tax bill, benefiting the rest of the league---kiss the hind parts of these overgrown divas, and their reward is their star player telling them in the middle of the night, "Trade me today, or you get next to nothing, except pain and embarrassment?" What is this going to do for OKC season ticket sales?

What are the 25 other teams not in LA or Miami going to do to make sure this doesn't happen to them?

Jake Tower likes this.
  17. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

dont worry lil fella i will

18. Nook

Nook Member

Please provide the names of the big free agents went got to sign in Memphis or force a trade when West was in Memphis.

That’s what I thought.

hakeem94, jcf and Gray_Jay like this.
  19. likestohypeguy

I think they'll also have to try, and IDK how this could even be regulated, but the not under the table per se deals, but "unrelated" coincidence deals... AD getting paid more than scale for a role in Space Jam, whatever record label role Drake was going to give KL, whatever cuban did for Dirk.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member