1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey gave Clippers their ATTRACTIVE core.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MystikArkitect

Clippers finally having their day. Good for them. George, Kawhi, Bev, Harrell, Lou. Sounds like they’ll have the championship party at Dave n Busters.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the clippers are attractive because they have the most passionate owner in the NBA

the clippers are attractive because they have jerry west, the man that build the lakers and warriors dynasties, consulting their roster moves.

the clippers are attractive because they have a championship coach.

the clippers are attractive because they made the playoffs in LA.

Yes the former rockets had something to do with making the playoffs, but with Balmer, west, and rivers running the show they would've made the playoffs with other players if need be. if you think they got kawhi because he wants to play with Beverley, Lou, and Harrell you're just wrong. he wouldn't even commit to going there without PG. he went because they have the owner, the dynasty builder, a championship coach, and they are in LA.

if we kept Bev, Lou, Harrell, we don't win 65 games two years ago and we don't play the warriors as close as anyone has (raptors beat steph, we almost beat all of them fully healthy). there is still no reason for kawhi to come here because we're not LA, same for George, same for lebron, same for AD. we don't have a passionate owner like Balmer. I love morey, but he's no jerry west. we don't have a championship coach. there is no reason to think we are more attractive than the clippers weather we made the CP3 trade or not lol.

da_juice, Bengchu, bwax01 and 6 others like this.
  3. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

We were one hamstring away from a championship against a full force GSW... it was a good trade.
    Hypothetically, if you told me that one year you WILL win a championship but its dependent on CP3 staying healthy in the playoffs, I would take it.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not only are they in LA, they have probably the wealthiest owner in the NBA. These people are ridiculous.

Morey can't do anything about the fact that NBA players prefer the Los Angeles and Miami lifestyle to Houston.

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yep, but they sure didn't know this was coming, would do it all again if that hammy wouldn't have popped for 1 chip!

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

PG is the reason Leonard is going there, not Bev and Harrell.

Draft picks were really important as trade assets to outbid Toronto for PG and their trade of Griffin and Harris played a bigger role in getting there

dc rock likes this.
  7. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

You guys are killing me with these excuses lol. The Clippers have 3 players that was or can be on the all nba defensive 1st team. The Rockets have 1. The Clippers are going to be defensively what the Warriors were on offense the past couple of years. They will hold teams to 79 pts. Lol. Sorry good guys, better luck next year.

8. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

Stop it. Arguing this doesn't change the facts.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Thank you kind sir, let us know when the games commence!

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Those at the facts. You not liking them doesn’t matter

roslolian, Williamson and dc rock like this.
  11. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

i'm not saying being in LA didn't help, I already called LA see my (players to LA) thread

I'm saying they aren't the lakers with their bench, they had an attractive core to present in those meetings! Westland doc set things up nicely

12. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

also they kept

bev
    harrell
    lou

west kept his core!!! didn't fold dint throw in harell in a deal!!!

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Literally LOLing at folks acting like Beverley, Lou, and Harrell were magnets for this.

roslolian, topfive, dc rock and 2 others like this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If old injury-prone CP3 still there, they also wont select Clippers.

15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Another solid contender out West

Time to admit that Morey and Harden are just not getting it done in attracting talent here either via trade or free agency

And before you bring up the CP3 contract as an excuse, remember it was Morey who handed it out to him

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My guy Pat Bev gonna win a ring before Morey.

jsingles and Kornel87 like this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

All I know is with PG, Kawhi and Bev they are going to make life hell for Harden.

joshuaao, Kornel87 and xaos like this.
  18. rocketseagles07

Right! If only we would’ve kept them then we could’ve sold pg on moving BACK HOME TO HOUSTON

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They get earthquakes in LA. Would have been better off in Houston.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Morey's big mistake was not making sure Kawhi and PG13 were born in Houston.

roslolian and Williamson like this.