1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 6, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Stars available right now
    Beal, Westbrook, Love

But even if we don’t make a trade I think we’re fine. Only team with 3 stars

mike2k132 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like the Rockets roster, but MDA panics so much he leans on Harden. He has no trust in young players; If they f-ck up he yanks them. I remember when Gary was having good solid games as a contributor, then he would have a disaster game and then we wouldn't see him for months. MDA expects perfect games from rookies learning the game.

If MDA would just throw the children into the fire, the Rockets would be better for it. This is what Doc excels at (partly because he had no choice) Doc just let everyone on the Roster play and now they have confidence they can go toe to toe with the best.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman, Thaddeus & Daryl about to open their big yapper

Probably trades a 1st for 55-year old Iguodala

4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Trade for Siakim
    Or
    Trade for
    Jerami Grant

RichieBanks likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Iggy kills it in the playoffs. Can always count on him to play great plays on both D and O when you need it.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

And people laughed at me for saying we will again be scraping the bottom of the barrel as Morey and Tilman put all their eggs in the Butler basket while others get signed. I think we're out of options in Free Agency since we will never sign a good veteran since LA is much more enticing to take a paycut and there's money around the league to be had. So we're down to trades:

1. Iggy in a trade
    2. Covington trade?
    3. Maybe OKC now?

I'd wish we would've went after a Marcus Morris / JaMychal type. The latter will probably go back to Clippers or will have money coming elsewhere and Morris to Raptors / Lakers / Clippers or another team with money as well. We're done unless Morey pulls off a miracle.

Bengchu likes this.
  7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Sign or trade for a couple of forwards. We are severey outmatched at the 3/4 at the moment.

I'd trade for Covington by any means necessary. We NEED him to defend Kawhi/George. Then hope and pray that Morris or J Green agree to sign here for cheap. If we can't upgrade our forward positions we just won't be able to be able to matchup with a team like the Clippers.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not even JaVale signs with us, it is a sign........we have to actively get rid of Chris Paul IMO.

The sooner the better. Thank him for his services, he is still a decent player when injury free.

And probably looking for what you can get for Gordon alone.

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

no cap space...no highly valuable trade assets

What can he even do?

10. JW86

JW86 Member

He could've done something before, but he only goes for big fish.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Raptors just lost Kawhi...they are definitely not trading Siakam who is now the future of their franchise, especially not for our trash

luckyman76 likes this.
  12. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Sign Jamychal Green or blow it up

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because we don’t have money to get good role players. We have to wait for the crumbs since we have no cap

14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Siakim would be great here.
    Take a lesson from lac throw an offer they cant refuse.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He should step down

We need a new direction. Hire a former well liked Rocket with a high basketball IQ, Shane Battier, Kenny Smith etc..Daryl Morey's style of 100% analytics & zero eye test doesn't work anymore. We are getting passed up by team's with more personable GM's & coaches

BasketMAD and daywalker02 like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Just a gut feeling which I’ve had for a few months now but I believe Morey is trying to make a deal for Gordon Hayward.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

No cap room but they had the $9.2 MLE they didn't want to use because it'll hard cap them.
    So they used most of the $5.7 MLE on Danuel House. (about $2M-$2.2M remaining)

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson is available, maybe?

iconoclastic likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I agree with new direction, I dun mind firing him but would give him couple more years.

Definitely, new direction, new perspective!

Absolutely new playing style.

Retaining MDA now is a moot point, release him next year.

Running it back 3 more years, people are going to vomit out nothing, there is nothing there.

20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

lmao you homers probably thought last year's roster was deep at the beginning of the season as well. Harden, washed CP3, inconsistent Gordon, soft Capela, Tucker, Austin, Gerald, and House winning you a ring?