1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Boogie going?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PlayBall, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's been my guess since Msgic was running things.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he was completely healthy in 2017 and 2018 he was shooting it at 36%, so let’s not pretend he is terrible at it either.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

At this point we should grab JaVale as a backup and try to pick up Covington and roll with it!

That’s best car scenario and something we can win a title with. Of course trading picks and shump only

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

IE: the perfect Rockets player!

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That Achilles injury literally cost him around $150 million, no doubt in my mind the Pels/Demps would have paid him, sickening.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There is a part of me that feels bad for both he and Isaiah Thomas. Both of those guys believed they were getting max deals and now they may never even get a full MLE again and are on the verge of being out of the league. Wild.

#26 Williamson, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yet KD gets a full bag, stay tuned!

jsilencio likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Average length of a NBA career is something like 4.5 years. Demarcus played 10 seasons, most of that span as #1 option. That's a decent career. He was betting on himself, but the recovery isn't looking good. The drop off last couple of years is drastic. Injury happens. He may still be able to bounce around a few teams. Hope he has a good perspective on life, he's a still a young dude; there's life and happiness outside the NBA.

Patience and csj like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

Well Cousins could have also, if he wasn't so prideful or greedy.
    He could have been one of the worst big contracts in the league instead of searching a team with vet min.

jboslett likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

For anyone questioning Cousins current condition medically and physically.... consider that Daryl Morey wanted to draft Cousins..... the owner and GM of the Rockets are “star whores”.... the Rockets struck out on Jimmy Butler.... and with ALL of that..... the Rockets haven’t even offered him a minimum contract.... the same team that signed Carmelo Anthony.... ZERO interest in Cousins.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yeah it seems like he has the Jeff Green Effect. Great counting stats, but net negative in between the lines.

YOLO likes this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He was a bad defender before but when everyone saw that the Warriors literally could not have him out on the floor even with their team I think that was a jaw dropper. Wesley Johnson melted to the court bad. He is definitely not alright and whatever movement he had for defense is gone. Memorized offensive moves rehearsed thousands of times are easy to pull off but reacting on your toes and heels cutting at the slightest twitch on defense relies heavily on athleticism. He’s stuck in mud. Different injuries but Isaiah Thomas and Brandon Knight never came back and it doesn’t look like Luc can either. This stuff happens.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How depressing is it to have to be the social media guy for the Wizards and this is your offseason, RT'ing the barest nibble from Clutchpoints.

I mean "Austin Rivers Resigned" is like "Man Walks On Moon" or "Titanic Strikes Iceberg" type of headline compared to "Boogie in Talks" - and then the note at the bottom about "small talk" and the interim GM just makes it even worse.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Apparently Derozan has been talking to Boogie about joining the Spurs.....

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He honestly would be a great fit in the system they run there. Pop understands slow ass bigs...

#36 RudyTBag, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Jontro and Patience like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

I thought he'd get at least 8 mill a year. guess not

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think he ends up in LA - that team loves "names" more than anyone and considering how thin they look so far, they could stand to gamble on Boogie's return to form. Plus AD and Lebron are able to hide some of Boogie's flaws on the perimeter as a defender. Personally I thought if Boogie stayed healthy, him and AD could have been a REAL problem for Golden State in the playoffs that year - they KILLED teams that went small against them (including Houston) because they had such an overwhelming advantage inside compared to every team. Really Milwaukee is the only team left in the league who could compete with a twin big lineup like that.

The Spurs could be a cool reclamation project but I don't know if Pops wants to spend the end of his career trying to but heads with Boogie - seems like he doesn't need all that noise.

...as an aside, the Washington connection is interesting because presumably Wall and Boogie are still friends but I'm more inclined to believe that story is more about trying to give the appearance that there is a larger market for Boogie than what we all think at this point so he can pick up a few more million at his next gig. If I were Washington and serious about bringing Boogie in, I would trade Beal for Klay and sign Boogie to a two year deal hoping that by 2020 you have a fully healthy Wall, Thompson, and Boogie and because you sucked in 2019 since those guys are all still recovering, you could end up with a potentially high draft pick to add to that mix.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

with katy out, this would be the perfect time for cousins to take on that primary offensive option for the san franciscos.

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Clippers maybe?

Only have Harrell at PF/C