1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Manimal at the four could be a boost to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Who we gonna pick up this time? Last time I checked there were still no backup 4’s or 5’s on the roster. Just saying...

mastan and amaru like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Then why would you say 3 teams have benched him in the last year and a half?

I ask that question to everybody wondering why Faried wasn't playing more. 3 teams put him on the bench, the Nuggets had to attach assets to dump his salary, and nobody has shown much of an interest despite his great stats and the free agent overspend frenzy.

Simple fact is that he's a square peg in the modern NBA, can't stretch the floor and a sub par defensive player at the 4, a terrible defender at the 5. He does bring some value, but he's just a situational bench guy, basically front court Gerald Green. If he were willing to play for the minimum and accept whatever minutes he gets like Gerald Green, then I would love him back.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Why are people so dismissive of Faried
    I don't get it

mastan, D-rock and amaru like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Center Gerald Green.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He’s a worse defender then green at a more important position, he’s completely unplayable

DrNuegebauer and harold bingo like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He was absolutely torched during short minutes in key games in the last couple of weeks of the season and against the Jazz. He was lost and out of position many times, something that his athleticism and blocks made up for only slightly.

This is coming from someone who really wanted Faried to succeed, and thought D'Antoni should have at least tried him when we couldn't grab rebounds and Capela was hiding against Golden State.

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Mani map was playing good before his injury. He’s a natural fit with Harden and Paul on the pick n roll and can shoot a little from the outside. Given the lack of depth on this team the, and the lack of quality FA’s left on the market, the Rockets would be foolish to not offer him a deal for the vet minimum.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Guy was a double double machine as a starter. You are being hysterical right now.

airflights92 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

So us paying to keep House was ridiculous considering he has been dumped by every team hes been on?

Its call fit.

mastan likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Faried will be 30 with 12000 or so minutes played in the NBA at the start of next season.

House is 26 with about 1400.

Faried is a known quantity. He’s not going to all of a sudden get better at what we need. Rebounding and defense. And it seems he also is having trouble coming to grips with the fact that he’s no longer an every game kinda guy.

House still has some youth and possible upside.

And trust me I was not on the House bandwagon from last season.

Garner likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Faried is an excellent rebounder ???

D-rock likes this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I saw that as well he was out of position alot,its just we got him in a pinch situation I just feel he would be better if we could have a summer and training camp adapting himself to the schemes. The other thing as well is Elton Turner is back as our defensive mastermind he could help him

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He’s an excellent offensive rebounder.

D-rock likes this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Absolute not. Gerald Green is the dumbest player in the NBA.

16. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

Tacko Fall pick and roll. LOL (although the D may be a trifle suspect and he can't hit a shot outside 5 feet)

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But faried is more clueless and as a big it’s more damaging.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only on one side of the court.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'll give you that Faried is liability on D but hes a very good rebounder.

Top 3 on Rockets.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He’s a very good offensive rebounder, but he lacks in defensive rebounding. We were 29th in defensive rebound % last season after being 4th in 17/18 when we were dominating. Improving our defensive rebounding, in my opinion at least, is the quickest path to getting our defense back to where we need it to be. Faried just isn’t that guy.

topfive and Sanity2disChaos like this.