1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Rockets have the most boring transaction history in the NBA since Tilman owns the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2019.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That’s cute that you trying to be dismissive about a post you clearly either didn’t read or didn’t comprehend because the whole point of it was that we acquire via trade transaction and not via free agency. Pretty sad you need the cliff notes version of a few paragraphs.

2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Okay, so which notable names have we exactly acquired via trade transaction?? Our biggest gets in the last few years were actually through free agency (Tucker, Luc Mbah a Moute, Eric Gordon, etc.). Morey sucks at trading is the point.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You may not have heard of these guys but Chris Paul and James Harden are two notable examples.

Williamson likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Clearly you haven’t been following the mess that is the New York Knicks lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) every body is different and i don't think DRose or VC are very good comparisons to CP3. i mean for one thing both were ultra elite athletes, so they have been regressing from a higher starting point downwards. and rose is 30yrs old still actually in his age prime. VC never had the long history of leg injuries CP3 has had. i hope you're right and CP3 has a bounceback year but i don't know how to expect that when the vast majority of 34yr old pro players have simply been unable to defeat fathertime. i actually believe the single best thing he can do to extend his career well is up his 3pt shooting percentage. if he becomes a 42%+ threat on catch-n-shoot 3's that really opens up our offense and could bring him back near all-star level while at the same time conserving energy and avoiding injury

2) harden's 61 against SAS was absolutely needed to pull out that win despite all of our starters playing normal minutes. right now against a tough team defense he is literally the only mismatch we got. perhaps if the system is tweaked with more motion that will change though

3) pls see reply to #2. in the playoffs i do agree we're the 1st or 2nd best team. but over the long 82 season our slim depth, injury prone players, and relying on harden so much for the offense is gonna wear our guys down. we're still short, old and unathletic overall. UTA, LAL, even POR could finish ahead of us in the seedings and i still wouldn't sleep on GS just yet.

6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Ah yes, the go-to for Rockets defenders: the trade for a 6th man almost a decade ago...and then Chris Paul which Morey had to give up a farm to acquire. Anyone else?

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

1 million dollars to reach tax after signing those Davis and ponds.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

dont worry, next deadline will be more exciting when we trade away 2 picks to save more luxury tax!

Dopamine likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Kyle korver is not boring, he was traded two times in one week. Now he is looking for third team in the same week.
    Iggy is not boring. Memphis is trying to re-trade him for another first round pick.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agree that Hawaii Leonard has been very tedious this FA period.

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Now we see when Morey doesn't have any draft picks or assets he is a lame duck GM. He better realise that the only people he can sign is last years team. I know some people dont believe Daryl Morey has created an environment that rubs people the wrong way but lets face the facts. No one wants to win by just being paid the Vet minimum. Be honest now does Austin Rivers deserve the vet minimum. Look if you want players to come here you have to commit to some money.to selected role players. How can we sign any outside player who hasn't sacrificed for this team more money than we did Austin Rivers. House is making more than Rivers, and I love House but Austin played well for us. Do you think people around the league don't pay attention to that, we cant win and beat the teams that matter doing that. Daryl is an excellent GM in the overall league. But is he really overmatching the Gms for the Warriors Raptors Sixers Celtics Jazz Blazers OKC Bucks,Nuggets. These are the teams we have to beat on the court to win the title.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who is old, short and unathletic?

The only old guys left on the roster who will be playing major mins are Cp3 and Tucker. The only short guys on the team are Cp3 and Tucker. The only unathletic guy on the team is Cp3. So when you say "team" you mean 2 people? And one dude is PJ Tucker who was obv one of the best players we had last season.

Your posts just tell me it's useless talking to you, you're just a negative nancy who thinks everything that happens to the Rox is horrible while every other team is recruiting superstars left and right. Pls look at betting sites and tell me which sites put higher odds on Utah and Portland over Rox? Even sporting sites have more loyalty to the Rockets than you do smh.

If you think the Rox are gonna suck so bad just do yourself a favor and stop following the team.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

BYE SCRUB

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Starting at SF - Luxury Tax Savings and at PF - Flexibility.

We can do this....come on !!

DD

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lmao wait for me to @ you right before the midseason and lets see where your Portland Utah faves are vs the Rox smh.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

do whatever the *** you want. i felt like i was doing charity till now putting up with your roidrage-esque posts when few others were. you need to get some help

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'll join in and add a few more Morey acquired via trade. Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic.

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

[QUOTE="bj3175, post: 12507661] No one wants to win by just being paid the Vet minimum. Be honest now does Austin Rivers deserve the vet minimum. Look if you want players to come here you have to commit to some money.to selected role players. How can we sign any outside player who hasn't sacrificed for this team more money than we did Austin Rivers... [/QUOTE]

The past few years have shown that plenty of vets, useful players, will take the minimum to ring chase and showcase their skills on the highest stage. True, they'll want to get paid more the following year---as will Rivers---but they'll play one year for the minimum or near it.

Rivers is going to get paid, if you think about his deal for a second. IIRC, it's 2 years, with a player option for the second year. The length of the deal is sufficient to give the Rockets limited Bird rights for subsequent deals. I've read here that something like 32/4 could be offered to him on the next contract. And it will be. Just like Paul was promised a mega-deal if he jumped ship from the Clips. (And hey, it could've been worse: the Rockets could have given him a 5 year deal at the max...)

Potential free agents notice stuff like this.

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Honestly, Utah looks like a decent longshot to back at 30-1. Better to have gotten them at 42-1, but I think their chances are better than 3.3 percent.

Paul and Tucker, and though not mentioned, Gordon, are pretty big pieces for what the Rockets want to do. And all of them are old, have significant injury histories, or both. Not at all unreasonable to think the Rockets could get bit by the injury bug this next year, and therefore adding younger, more athletic talent might be a priority.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

They have been adding younger talent ie House and Rivers.

It's not like everybody is adding young and injury free superstars Utah for example added Conley JR who is even more injury prone than EG and CP3 combined. Lakers about to add Kawhi who we all know will get "load management" and GSW is gonna miss Klay for most of the season. Also Tucker is just old he isn't injury prone and EG while injury prone isn't old, he is just 30 yrs old. So in the entire roster only 2 people are old, 2 people are injury prone and one is "both". Considering you have 15 roster slots I think that's very acceptable stats.

Rox can def get hit by the injury bug but the risk is the same or lower compared to other teams in the West.

#60 roslolian, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Gray_Jay likes this.