1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covington on trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That is like our dream scenario right now lol

2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

IMO I would do that very trade and sign another veteran to score. Better overall team especially with Austin signing back.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dieng could fit our back up 5 need. I'd do this trade.

Paul/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Tucker/House/Green
    Covington/Clark
    Capela/Dieng/Hartenstein

Another vet min: RHJ or Stanley Johnson + Ponds and another young player on 2 way

clutchdabear and jch1911 like this.
  4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Time for Rosas to look out

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Eric doesn't just score though, he played some really tough defense. He may not be an all star, but he sure can play like one at times. He can be such an enigma, because there is about 4-6 weeks out of the season that he plays like total ass.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

Damn, get him Daryl!

D-rock likes this.
  7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s certainly a better fit than any of the other names being tossed around, but I do worry that he won’t help our rebounding numbers enough. Take a look at this:

https://stats.nba.com/player/203496/rebounds-dash/

His contested rebounding rate is only about 27%. By way of comparison, PJ Tucker has a contested rebounding rate of 34% and Clint is in the 40s (interestingly, Hartenstein is close to 60%). Given our late game issues in securing rebounds, I wonder if having Covington might actually make us worse here.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Where is the actual Windhorst quote? With context?

These fake NBA insider twitter randos often distort ****.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I not seeing it on his timeline.
    Maybe he said it on espn.
    Or I screwed up.

seeingred likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Championship move. We need size on the wing. Worth 2- protected 1sts + Shumpert. Especially if you win the chip

11. King901

King901 Member

Can’t be serious

rocketman84 likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27111298/nine-more-nba-stars-on-move

One name on everyone's lips in this regard is Bradley Beal as the Washington Wizards face a significant rebuild. But as of now, sources said, the Wizards are resisting such inquiries.

In the meantime, here is a list of players who could still be on the move in the near-term, according to league executives.

Jeff Teague, Timberwolves

Andre Iguodala, Grizzlies: For now, the Grizzlies don't intend to give him a buyout and will try to re-trade him. This is a reasonable strategy but it may be unlikely for another team to take Iguodala at this salary and also give up an asset to get him. When the posturing is finished, there will be haggling over how much Iguodala may have to give up in guaranteed money to get out. He's going to be available and numerous teams will be after him. The Lakers, where his old agent Rob Pelinka is the GM, are a strong option.

Kevin Love, Cavaliers: Love is about to start a four-year, $120 million contract extension that he signed last year. The team is eager to see how he'll fit into new coach John Beilein's system. Love played just 22 games last season because of foot surgery. These facts don't add to a trade scenario. However, Love and the team knew when he signed the deal that there was a good chance he wouldn't finish it in Cleveland, and a trade may be inevitable at some point. Interest in Love could ramp up if he plays well for Team USA in the World Cup this summer in China.

Goran Dragic, Heat
    Marc Gasol, Raptors

Jae Crowder, Grizzlies: The veteran defender, in the final year of a deal paying him $8 million, is ripe to be traded to a playoff team. He struggled shooting the ball last season but he fits the profile of a role player on a good team. The Grizzlies, who will soon officially acquire him in the Mike Conley deal, are in draft-pick-acquisition mode and this is another chance.

Robert Covington, Timberwolves: He is one of the most valued 3-and-D players in the league, but after a knee issue forced him to have surgery in April, the Wolves were offering him around at the draft as they looked to move up. Depending on his return to health, league executives believe he could be on the market again.

Tristan Thompson, Cavaliers

Kyle Korver, Suns: In the last week, he's been traded twice and will likely be released and become a free agent. A veteran shooter who is solid in the locker room, he will have options. Korver spent his formative years in L.A. as a Lakers fan and his connection to LeBron James could create a possible reunion.

BigMaloe, Aruba77 and Haymitch like this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Gotta have him

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Now this would be worth the first rounder.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah you're good. I just prefer to see the original source when it comes to rumors.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nice post. I like crowder and Covington. I think we need some length and rebounding so i’d like to get a 4. But those guys are great.

17. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Gordon and a first, get it done Morey.. I love Gordon but Covington would be perfect and if Gordon won't extend then this would be better than risking losing him

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

But how do we plan to get them? We can take those two back only by moving Clint and Gordon, at that point it's not worth it.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Waiting for cyberx to say we are interested...

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Kills me to think about trading a player and a first-round pick for a player that we got for "free" and let go...

Crutch City and skroodup25 like this.