1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Mavs interested in Andre Iguodala trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 4, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to that too. Noah is finished, Bradley is coming off an injury, and Gordon is much better than Igoudala.
    Shumpert plus a 1st rounder might be good enough to get the job done or it may not, but I'm not interested in giving up a 1st round pick for Iggy.

luckyman76, Little Bit and ak99999 like this.
  2. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

If the Rockets are interested, that player will end up elsewhere.

RKREBORN and Nelly like this.
  3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Johakeem is still in the league?

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Iguana is going to Dallas

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We'll need that 1st in our package to get under the LT come Feb.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sign Shumpert to a 1 year deal less than iggy' salary but close enough for matching purposes. Make it a partial guarantee so the Grizzlies can buy it out immediately. Shumpert gets a chunk of cash and gets to continue his free agency. Attach a lottery protected 1st and that may be enough.

Grizzlies get: Shumpert (on a 1 - year partial Guaranteed deal) + a lottery protected 1st

Rockets Get: Andre Igodoula

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah i can see us getting Iggy. This is a classic Rockets move. Iggy is old now lol

Little Bit likes this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Brooklyn interested in shumpert. Sign and trade for Jarrett Allen and taurena prince

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

:D

10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I want no part of Joakim Noah. He’s washed up. A straight up trade of EG for Iggy works. If they have to, I would throw in a second round pick. I’m not throwing in Hartenstein or Clark. Screw that. Love EG but the problem is that he’s really the only contract we could trade outside of Capela currently for Iggy. Everyone is talking about doing a sign and trade with Shump but no one is taking into account that he has to want to actually go to Memphis in order for that to happen.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What

saleem likes this.
  12. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Am I reading this correctly, you would trade Gordon for iggy?

saleem likes this.
  13. mightybosstone

Everybody's making old man jokes, but I looked up Iggy's numbers and was pleasantly surprised. That old man averaged an efficient 10/4/4/1/1 in the playoffs for 30 minutes a game with solid advanced stats and shooting 35% from the 3-point line.

If the Rockets had had a guy post a stat line like that with excellent perimeter defense, they probably beat the Warriors the last two years. I'm all for this deal as long as it doesn't involve Gordon or Capela. First rounders are useless for a team paying CP3 $120 million the next three seasons.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’d like to keep Gordon. Like I said the problem is, we don’t have any contract on our roster currently that matches salary with Iggy outside of Capela and Gordon. We would have to move one of them in order to acquire Igoudala. Would you rather we trade Capela for Igoudala or Gordon? Pick one. The whole Shumpert sign and trade thing, probably isn’t happening. I would prefer if we actually did a three team trade. Where we move Capela and Gordon and get back Igoudala, Jaylen Brown, and a draft pick or something. Sign McGee and Cousins to veteran minimum deals to take Capela’s place and then be done with our offseason. Would also love Jamychal Green here as well. Need someone to replace Gordon’s scoring off the bench too (Danny Green wouldn’t be bad). Though obviously all of that’s not going to happen.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Shump would get about $13 million guaranteed this way, as opposed to the $2 million minimum in all other scenarios.

It's not a given, but there are a lot of reasons to think he'd do it.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Iggy is an okay player but not worth trading Gordon or a first round pick for.

saleem likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Depends on what he’s motivated by. If he’s about the money then sure. If he wants to win a title, why would anyone want to go to Memphis? They are in rebuild mode and aren’t winning one anytime soon.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He'd likely get bought out by February, regardless. Maybe long before. Memphis would just be taking him on to make the math work and to get a draft pick.

It's not implausible, but there aren't many NBA players that would pass up a $13 million contract for a $2-million one.

luckyman76, Corrosion and Williamson like this.
  19. Homey the Clown

lmao Iggy is washed up now lol. He isn't the same finals MVP player from years back. Rockets sure do love getting players who are past their prime years.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This reminds me of the infatuation with Brent Barry and Morey offering Dirk a big contract recently. Over/under on the number of games Iguodala and Paul would play together? 20?

saleem and J.R. like this.