1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MIA wants Beal HOU should intercede.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 1, 2019.

1. basketballholic

True. And neither do I consider Drummond and several others. But those are the extremes.

Beal is at worst a top 15 player. He's a group 2 superstar...and still young enough to progress to the top level. 25 points 5.5 assists 2/1 a/to ratio, good defense. He's a top 15 player.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

He's might be a top 15 player and he certainly can continue to improve. It's just that I personally don't believe that there are 15 superstars in the league. As I said, it just depends on your definition of a superstar.

basketballholic likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Was Westbrook at superstar at age 24?

4. cebu

cebu Member

EG for Beal

RocketOrg likes this.
  5. aelliott

No.

basketballholic likes this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And 4 picks. Lol.

All eyes on the Kawhi situation. We should expect the worst.

7. SRR21

SRR21 Member

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I almost hope they do that haha.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There are 2 kinds of max players in my book.

1) Superstar Max - dictated by their true level of play to carry teams. (Harden, Lebron, Kawhi, KD, Giannis, Curry etc)
    2) Market Max - dictated by market forces (Middleton, Tobias, Kemba, Otto Porter, Harrison Barnes, Parsons etc)

Just about every team has a MAX guy. You want to be the team that has a Superstar Max guy. I think Beal lands on the Superstar Max list but at the bottom.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

If the Wizards don't take back Bam they're freaking idiots imo, i get that clear Wall's contract from the books would be huge, but wasting Beal just for that is still a waste imo. At that point i'd rather keep Wall and trade Beal for picks/rookie scale contracts. Wall on the team for a couple of years won't make them good enough to make the playoffs anyway.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article231882358.html

As we reported on Twitter, the Heat has reached out to the Washington Wizards about Bradley Beal and there is sentiment internally to taking on the last four years and $172 million of John Wall’s deal to facilitate a trade, according to someone with direct knowledge.

But there is no indication that Washington would be willing to do that, even with Wall out for much or all of next season with a ruptured left Achilles’ tendon. Beal has said that the Wizards have assured him he won’t be traded.

Even if Washington agreed to such a scenario, Miami - with its hard cap situation -would need to send out salaries comparable to the combined $65 million that Wall and Beal would make next season. That’s possible, but a challenge.

Beal has two seasons remaining on his contract.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't put anything past Riley. Their capologists make anything work.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://tradenba.com/trades/H1bcu89gS

seems fair to both sides.

Miami gets their second star and a potential third star in a year (probably not).

Wizards get rid of the worst contract in the NBA and get very good prospects in Bam Winslow and Herro .

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

You gotta click the share button and get THAT link, yours default us to Wizards and Rockets rosters, but no players selected.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wizards need to solidify their GM situation if they are going to make any Beal moves.

And then the Wizards need to consider the best course of action if they do plan to move Beal. They can move Beal in a salary dump with a couple of decent young players in Bam/Winslow in the above trade. OR they can contact the Pelicans and Clippers and see what players and draft capital they are willing to give up. And then weight the costs/benefits of both approaches.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

so miami got beal or nah... o_O

i guess some people didn't get the memo about sauces

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Yep, we should offer him straight up. If Beal plans to leave then EG would be a natural replacement for the guard position

19. aelliott

Except Miami ends up capped out and doesnt have much other than Beal and Butler. I'm not sur how appealing that is to them.