1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Parker for league minimum anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 3, 2019.

1. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Like all the other FA’s we’ve targeted, he’ll go elsewhere.

2. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Makes too much sense so it probably won't happen.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I don't like this whole "it's the vet min, it's not a risk" philosophy. It is. He's taking up one of the 15 roster spots. There are 240 minutes to spread in a game. He could potentially take up 18 mins a game for 18 straight games and play absolutely awful defense and hurt us. That's 1/5th of the season. He could cost us 3 losses. That's the difference between a 2nd seed and 6th seed here in the west.

It absolutely is a risk. Maybe it's not a huge risk, but small details like I mentioned matters. I don't think he'd end up as bad as MCW and Melo but those were risks we took and we came out worse because of it. I never thought Melo was a risk until I saw how bad we were with him. That's not to say that Melo can't play well.

But yes, it did seem like Parker played better with the Wizards. Seemed like he took things a bit more seriously compared to before. I think Scott Brooks did well enough with him as Brooks is likely the best NBA coach he's had. I'm sure MDA could figure out how to use him, but it's still a risk defensively.

malakas and Denovo like this.
  4. Denovo

Denovo Member

That’s my preferred line up too. Would address some of our size and rebounding concerns.

&& yea his defense would be an issue. Our scheme might change with the coaching staff tho so we might not even switch as much.

As a minimum signing I would take the chance tho like we did with Faried. Young with high upside.

The idea of a Harden/Parker pick and pop is very appealing to me. Imagine if Anderson was able to attack off the dribble and playmake on the close out.

If it doesn’t work just waive him. It’s not like he’s gettin a max.

5. Denovo

Denovo Member

We won’t have as start as bad as last year. Mostly likely will finish north of 55 wins. If 3 regular season wins can make or break our season then we weren’t a real contender to begin with.

But Tbh if Gerald Green and Faried can get regular season minutes for us then Parker would definitely be able to find a spot.

6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yeah the pick and pop would be great. I'm hoping Harden and House can develop a little bit of that, House has shown he can attack closeouts, but most of that so far is from being stood in the corner. He's a big body, he needs to set better screens. PJ levels people, there's no reason House can't do the same

Denovo likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

When Enes Kantar is a far better defender than Jabari, that is a problem.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Role players are only useful if they are accepting of the role required.

Physically he would be a godsend, exactly the type of talent we want. But he's demonstrated time and again he's simply not willing to commit to defense, or rebounding, or frankly any important aspect of the game. He shows up just to score some points and nothing else. He's nowhere near good enough offensively to counteract all of the other stuff he gives away.

On top of all that he's injury prone.

malakas, saleem and foggy94 like this.
  9. rockets13champs

Just Bc of the that bolded line. Dantoni loves him. He’s gonna be a rocket

joshuaao likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

all i'll say is ...we need a PF. Parker would be nice given our current lack at that position.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

Get em on the team @Codman @cyberx

After that freaking crossover I saw damnnnn

tc0330 likes this.
  12. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Sources: Rockets interested in Jabari Parker

3 hours later

Sources: Jabari Parker signs with insert team not named Rockets

tc0330 and JW86 like this.
  13. rockets13champs

We’re interested but the FA is not interested back. Sounds like every average Joe in high school chasing all the baddies.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  14. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Avg Joe chasing the 3rd rate high BMI left overs but even them left overs reject the average joe @photojoe @Joe Fan @Joe Joe @Joe Gent @Joe Rz @JoeBarelyCares @Rasheed

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He’s offensively gifted, extremely athletic, and decisive with the ball. It’s these last two points that make me unconcerned that this would be another Melo situation.

I would love to see what D’Antoni could do with Parker on offense.

16. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Sign me up. He’s a guy who will knock down open 3s and stretch the floor at the four. Plus he can create off the dribble.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

ohh..they’re finally meeting someone...firework!

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

:eek::D:po_O

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Isn't that a spoof account?