1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who's left and who can we get with our remaining midlevel?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Marcus Morris for the MLE would make this off-season a win to me.

Denovo, sammy, ktex and 1 other person like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting take. My impulse is to say, "Stay away from the guy!" You have some good points, though. He might be really focused on proving everyone screwed up not going after him and settle down for a season. Might be worth taking a chance. He's certainly a "name." Cousins is also still hunting that ring, and we are still a legitimate contender, in my opinion.

Still, be kind of scary.

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

KCP and a 1st rd pick for Shump?

Probably more productive than Shump here. Still would like to see Green as a get by this team.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good list. There's even a few others like Jabari Parker, Kelly Oubre (both likely to be pricier), Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Noah Vonleh, Nik Stauskas, and Dragan Bender.

Chamillionaire and Nook like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kawhi Leonard still on the market.

mikol13, dc rock, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Which means that Morey has done exactly the right thing by not joining the feeding frenzy and overpaying.

"Calmer than you are" - true ("you" = some fickle Clutchfans ;)).

RayRay10, HP3 and Nook like this.
  7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I was fine with the first 5 games, we played them well, i singled out game 6 because I think that’s a game we had no business losing. As Rocket fans we defend our team to the death, I also think part of being a true fan is acceptance.

We’ve had our chances, we’ve also had bad luck, but after the season is over it’s not just like we press reset, people get older. I love Tucker but age shows that he will decline, CP3 has declined and will continue to do so, Capela had a terrible post season and chemistry with him could possibly be bad after the Butler saga. EG is up and down, he’s been there when we needed him, but he’s had injury problems and he’ll be 31 this year.

Last year, yes Melo was an issue, but getting rid of him and Ennis didn’t solve our problems, Harden’s gargantuan effort to single handedly motivate and make this team good last season is what saved the season. Chemistry meshing, was because Harden kept the team from losing. Rivers helped and so did Faired, Capela was good in the regular season also but the theory that we were solely trash because of the offseason signings was not true at all.

My point is, when we assembled this Harden/CP3 duo, our window was always around 2 years (unless we got another star, which we haven’t). I think as fans we’re looking for reasons to extend that window and that’s just not how time works. Players injury problems don’t get better with old age.

The Warriors lost Durant and probably won’t have Klay, but the West is tough man. LAL got better, the Clippers will probably get better, Blazers got better, Nuggets are still young.

We are declining and running it back with this team and thinking we’re a contender is just not logical to me.

If we win 50 wins, it will be because of Harden, and if we achieve that, we still don’t have enough fire power to win in the playoffs. Anyone that knows my posts knows i’m not a pessimist and knows that i support this team always, i’m just trying practice logic here.

#367 Obito, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Relativist and HewbieTrippin like this.
  8. basketballholic

4/8 partial guarantee

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

^^^ "An error occurred. Please try again later"

isn't that just fitting lol

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Oh I totally agree. Just fearful the good candidates get gobbled up by LAL/LAC/DAL cap space

justtxyank likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My dream scenario would be that Butler was a smokescreen all along and Morey has been working tirelessly on Kawhi.

12. basketballholic

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Willie Trill

14. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I assume that the Morris twins (and others) are waiting around for Kawhi's decision. If he doesn't go to the Lakers then L.A. will likely split their cap space across mutlitple players to fill out their roster. I'm sure the Morris twins would try to get a piece of that.

If they don't get a payday from the Lakers, then maybe their price tag comes down. That' s one of the reasons that it's often a good thing to wait to sign non-Max free agents.

mikol13, RayRay10, justtxyank and 3 others like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"You mean you can actually be patient when you have cap space???" -Knicks front office

aelliott, AroundTheWorld and jboslett like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice. Vonleh and Stanley Johnson for vet min.

Sign them both.

Paul/Rivers
    Harden/EGo
    House/Green/Shump
    Tucker/Stanley Johnson/Clark
    Capela/Vonleh/Hartenstein

Shamorie Ponds and Deng Adel on 2 way.

Better and more balanced team than last season. Especially on D.

#377 D-rock, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  18. MettaWorldPete

I agree with this, and to make it worse, Utah got better as well. The only ray of hope imo is if Clark, Hartenstein, or House make a leap. But I fear that with the couching staff, they won't get the chance. I hope I'm wrong. At least House got some burn in the regular season last year.

Obito likes this.
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Let’s get JaMychal Green

Maybe
    Willie Cauley-Stein

Ehh?? How about
    McGee or Cousins? Idk

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You could have just as easily signed that "-Clutchfans".