1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Some of it was cool I guess. AEW needs to stack that roster in order to truly compete.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  2. body slam

body slam Member

I did not watch Fyter Fest but seen a lot of mixed reviews. Some good others bad. Most complaints were about Cody's chair shot and too many unnecessary spots.

3. body slam

body slam Member

Who would you add to the roster?

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

from what I saw with Fyer Fest, wasn't bad, I need to watch the main event ones since I had plans for that part of the night

Went to last weekend's WrestleCircus show and was entertained, got to see most of the talent that was at Fyer Fest (Private Party, Leva Bates, Peter Avalon) along with Scarlett and my new wrestling bae Alex Gracia

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Their roster is stacked and full of current & future stars.
    Jericho, Mox, Omega, Page, CIMA, Young Bucks, Cody, Dustin, SCU, etc can handle the main event picture until TV gives the spotlight too future stars like Darby Allin, MJF, Nyla Rose, Riho, etc who all shined big at Fyter Fest and really anything they’ve done so far in AEW.

1. Luke Harper - the one thing they don’t have is a true monster. Luke Harper is just that and moves like a cruiserweight and is one of the most respected guys in WWE’s locker room.

2. Good Brothers - def gonna happen. Just another main event established tag team.

3. Sasha

4. Marty Scrull

5. Lost in WWE Creative talent like Shinsuke, Rusev, Revival, Cesaro, etc when they look for new deals.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

Jebailey/Nakazawa ruled. That was on the preshow.

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, if they're going to sign WWE people, they need to be wrestlers who have potential that's been squandered, much like how Jericho and the Radicalz blew up when they left WCW because of the glass ceiling. I know there have been rumors about Randy Orton jumping over because he and Cody are really close, but Orton would be more of a black eye to WWE than a real gain for AEW.

I thought the show was very good. The pre-shows seem to be where they're doing a lot of BTE silliness, which I'm not crazy about because I think it's too heavy on WWE's Muppet Show-influenced "sports entertainment" stuff like people randomly walking around backstage, goofy interviews and skits, invisible cameramen, and such. The Librarians is a joke that would have been funny if left on BTE but as part of a live show it doesn't really work. The main show is like night and day, though. Consistently excellent wrestling and in a variety of styles, which is big since WWE shows are basically all the exact same match except better or worse depending on who's in it.

It's too bad the chairshot controversy overshadowed the Cody/Allin match because that was a really good match that made Allin look like a star. He's like CM Punk except with an even worse attitude.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm waiting to judge them based on their weekly TV show.

On talent, Shinsuke isn't going anywhere. He likes surfing and picking up a big check.

My favorite thing that happened was everyone's favorite love child Kenny Omega having his vagina hurt because WWE is going to stream evolve at the same time they're gonna have a show themselves. If you wanted to play with the big boys, look at the adjective..Play.

Dave2000 and body slam like this.
  9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

WCW was so successful partially due to big names like Diesel and Razor Ramon jumping over in the early days of Nitro. I think 2 or 3 B list names (A unlikely) from WWE would definitely help in pushing over some of their new guys. Orton would be cool. Natural heel.

10. body slam

body slam Member

LAX's Impact contracts are rumored to be up end of the summer. Where should they go? Resign with Impact, WWE, AEW, ROH, other

11. Fantasma Negro

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Thoughts on the Heyman influenced Raw? Liked it so far, loved the Maria/Mike cameo although I thought it ended weird with the pregnancy angle

Started out with a bang with Braun/Lashley, got people talking to tune in. Cool to see that Street Profits got called up.

Looking forward to see if Bischoff is going to have any influence tonight, although I hear it won't start till after Extreme Rules

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The Maria & Mike felt like a Heyman written storyline and very attitude era. Which was something I read Vince was considering to put something fresh on the product.

Dave2000 likes this.
  14. Beavis Stiffler

15. buffalobills!!!

Forgot about this. Anybody go?

body slam likes this.
  16. body slam

body slam Member

I was there. It was a good time, family friendly environment, for a family friendly price.

I don't know how it sounded on Twitch but it got really loud at times.

As good as the Impact talent is is was really impressed with the ROW talent. I haven't really kept up with them lately. Hope this was a stepping stone for some of Booker's talent.

Moose vs Q
    Rascals vs La Familia
    Eddy vs Gino

Where my top 3 matches of the night.

Overall I hope they do it again.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

When will there be a weekly TV show.

18. Andy Sheets

October 2.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yes look forward to it.

20. Andy Sheets

Fun show but definitely the least of AEW's offerings so far. Since they're still figuring things out, presumably they'll mark down not to hold another outdoor arena show in Florida in July because the heat seemed like it was affecting everything in a bad way.