1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Angelo Russell to GSW

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rasheed, Jun 30, 2019.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

I feel kinda bad for DLo

They were gonna renounce his rights so he could choose any team but now GS is his **** daddy until they toss him away which it seems they publicly let it known they will eventually

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#222 J.R., Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Vivi and B-Bob like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So...

When are people going to go after GSW for being cold and heartless?

Play around with Durant's injury and pressure him to return...tossing Iggy carelessly to acquire a young player who is still trying to make a name for himself in the league... a player that they acquired only to trade...

The things they would say about Morey if he were to do this.

clutchdabear, da_juice, JeffB and 2 others like this.
  4. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

It's a business. You want loyalty? Get a dog.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hanlong

hanlong Member

Why does it matter? Why do you care what people say about Morey if he ends builds a roster that ends up winning championships? Do you care more about what people say about Morey or the results of getting the ring?

The GM's job is to build a roster to win championships, **** the noise.

PlayBall likes this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, he's referring to the Steve Kyler tweet about agents telling their players to stay way from Houston because we treat all our players like assets. Just another display of media being so full of ****, they might as well have a toilet for a head.

7. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

That. Exactly. Do you think NFL players love how Belichick handles transactions? Do you think Patriots fans want to swap Belichick for someone who shows more loyalty to declining veterans?

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My post has nothing to do with this and everything to do with the reaction to how the Rockets handle transactions.

The media has a clear double standard and don't bat an eye when the Warriors do this...but if the Rockets even think about trading a player the Media makes sure we hear about how cold and heartless Morey is.

clutchdabear, da_juice and JeffB like this.
  9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Ok. Just a theory, but as a Rockets fan do you think you MIGHT be a little more aware of, and sensitive to, negative coverage of them?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, when I start reading tweets and articles about how the Warriors are cold and treats their players like assets I'll change my mind.

So why is he silent about the Warriors?

They just acquired a guy merely to trade him later.

da_juice likes this.
  11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Yeah, you're probably the first totally unbiased fan in the history of sports. My bad.

Aren't you reading a LOT more Rockets coverage than Warriors?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who said anything about me being unbiased? It's not like I'm going to a Warriors forum and seeking out negative things said about the Rockets to defend them against Warrior fans.

Me being a Rocket fan doesn't only mean I read news about the Rockets lol... I read NBA news all over the place, so...like I said...when I start reading tweets and articles about how the Warriors are cold and treat their players like assets I'll change my mind. When the Warriors apparently have that reputation then I'll say the Rockets are being treated fairly...until then, this is an unfair projection of them, that they are cold and heartless as if other teams are not.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So when Klay comes back from injury, they are going to play a three-guard lineup? Learned it from the Rockets, I guess. :)

da_juice likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like they'll move Russell at some point, probably to the Wolves and i my guess is to basically take back a younger Iguodala (Covington)...with Teague or Dieng i guess.

da_juice, hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les Alexander

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Go watch some tape of the Don Nelson Warriors from the late 80s/early 90s.

17. Major

Major Member

Why do people like this is something that happened to Russel? It was a sign & trade - which requires the player to be on board. The player WANTED to go to Golden State, even knowing they might trade him down the line. It's better that he knows upfront than them acting like he's a corner stone, and a year later desperately trying to trade him (say, Capela).

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Sorry Minnesota. I know you wanted Russell but here's these scrubs.

rocketman12, da_juice and Vivi like this.
  19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol what is gsw doing?

20. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

their contracts are non guaranteed... so probably more to this as GSW could have just cut them. Perhaps GSW picking up a Wolves player.