1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Austin Rivers returns to Rockets on 2 year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I bet Rob will end up with the Warriors for Russell, just watch.

RyanB and justtxyank like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Covington would be great here!

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I mean, I actually think the offseason has gone pretty well given how little flexibility we have to add talent.

I was never too hung up on getting Butler so I don't feel as personally violated as some of you seem to, but I was positive we were gonna lose Rivers or House. To retain both and have some MLE money left is awesome.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Finally someone who wants to play in H-Town with Harden and CP3. Still hoping for some more good news. Go Rockets! H-Town Crazy!

BMoney and RyanB like this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Great fit for Rockets.

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

well flexibility to "add talent" . I mean we have the same team minus nene and faried. We havent really added any talent. We got lucky with rivers and used part of what we had to keep house. Looks like realistically we can add 1 player besides the minimums. I wouldnt say we really added talent. We are the same. We didnt lose much talent.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah I'm in the camp that thinks we have to ADD to last year's team to be a contender.

Easy, YOLO and Deckard like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Well they are keeping the team that worked decently for them together instead of having to start with the MCW's of the world.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I guess I can see how you misunderstood my post. Retaining and adding are different things and I should have specified

5.3 or whatever the current TMLE is wasn't going to get us any real talent as we have seen mediocre players being gifted 10 million. We kept 2 when I though one would be difficult. We are in a better spot than I honestly expected us to be at this point, which is what I meant.

10. PatBev

PatBev Member

House/Rivers/Faried would’ve been a solid bench but MDA don’t know how to integrate new people into a rotation

persian hoopa and bj3175 like this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When signing Austin Rivers is a big win... :confused:

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

elfrid payton just got $16 mil and he isn't even good.

Rivers in his deal is an absolute steal. but hey nothing to be happy about here

13. CometsWin

Nope, Austin Rivers doesn't move the needle. Not even a little bit.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is stupid logic. people on here talk about how guys dont move the needle but turn around and say the rockets need depth. why would you need depth then if they dont move the needle. unless you expect to fill depth with an all star at every spot on the bench.

15. CometsWin

Don't go "many people are saying" on me, please. Dumpster diving for "steals" may excite you but it doesn't do a lot for me.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

then that's you. you can go sit in that corner with that doom and gloom logic. rivers was a proven contributor this past season. theyre not diving for anything. there isn't some unknown there.

34to11 likes this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

When that "same team" was the best in the NBA last season, bringing key players back is not a bad idea.

Just some perspective.

D-rock, clutchdabear and BMoney like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like there's people that need to be reminded as they went 20-5 after the break

and this time, they're not starting with a horrible supporting cast that helped put the team in a 11-14 hole to start the year

clutchdabear, cerophilik and J Sizzle like this.
  19. CometsWin

What doom and gloom? You seem to be projecting. Rivers is just an active body. You seem to believe he's something more than that. I'll disagree.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah if Rivers would have signed in GS most fans on here would have been burning Morey.

34to11 likes this.