1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj/Shams] Bye bye Jimmy. Heat finalizing deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 30, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure I like the team hardcapped with a Butler addition to the Rockets. I mean, you probably make the deal, but I’m ok with it not happening.

I feel like moves are coming, but now we wait and see.

Deckard, D-rock and texans1095 like this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I’m glad this jimmy saga is over. Glad it didn’t get dragged for nothing and just made us wait.
    It’s golf this way we can keep the same guys or find better trades and keep our flexibility. Our team was good we should have won more games but we had a bunch of injuries and let a bunch of easy games slipped.

Let’s see what morey does next but I’m not down coz we didn’t get that JB guy here.

D-rock likes this.
  3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Man Philly gave up kinda a lot for that rental

BallSoHarden likes this.
  4. Convictedstupid

Agreed. I think it’ll be fine. Especially if Kawhi goes to clips and not lakers.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, just like that @justtxyank ...Philly going to take on Olynyk.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I can't believe the Sixers took on Olynyk as well. Didn't realize he had so much value. Heat made out like bandits in this deal. Got out of tax. Dumped Dragic/Olynyk/Richardson (only asset). Now they have room for max salary next year with Winslow/Butler/Adabayo. Very solid move on their part didn't think the 6ers would oblige in taking Olynyk on board when they have Horford and Embiid.

jch1911 likes this.
  7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

We have full MLE and BAE. Just signed house to $3m of that. I’m down with that....who can be got for $9m?

texans1095 likes this.
  9. mikol13

Supporting Member

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

Took me about 15 minutes, but I am over it now.

Let's regroup. See what we can do and move forward. Butler would have been great for us in terms of being another option in the 4th quarter, but oh well. We will live and die by James Harden, and that is our best shot. Hopefully, CP3 has a rebound year (I wouldn't bet any money on it), and we can get some value from Capela.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Butler wanted to go to the Heat. More of a team built around him appealed to him. HE'd be the 3rd guy with Houston. Richardson to the Sixers, for them, a good young guard on a good contract & another player that gives them what will be a great defensive team. Elton Brand & Sixers got out from under this situation. It didn't work there. They wanted to bring Tobias back & did. They gave up a lot more.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah if you were following my twitter stuff today you knew I said this would happen easily. Contracts never end up being the hurdle people think they will be. Once Philly was open to a S&T it was just about Butler picking his spot.

I honestly think that Butler might have used the Rockets to get Philly to the table on S&T scenarios and then bait and switched them with the Sixers.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is it really though? I hope you're right but i think Kawhi was all in in going back home, his uncle is pushing for it too...i would be surprised if he goes back to Toronto, hopefully he doesn't like Lebron but eh...not holding by breath at this point.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Soo..the one that helped them was DALLAS!

Cuban always trying to screw with the Rockets.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Then leave.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think the fix has been in all along for Kawhi. Chris Carter is the most plugged in with Kawhi in the entire media. He's pretty convinced he's going to the Lakers.

Vivi likes this.
  17. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

our biggest free agent meeting will be Looney lol and he will say hell no

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

So we still meeting Looney and McGhee or nah?

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

So relived it was quick painless and time move and work on any other deals we might have.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. mikol13

Supporting Member