1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler will be Moreys main target this summer, and he feels fairly confident it will happen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....Pat Riley is really good at screwing things up for the Rockets, wether directly or indirectly.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Here you have it from your own tweet

cheke64 likes this.
  4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

The on going pain of being a Rockets fan. Stars will not choose to be here have to be kidnapped or traded for.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right, it is about what Jimmy wants. Morey can make the trades work. Jimmy wants Miami location

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Not just that the location. Riley is a far more well respected GM around the league than Morey who makes everyone expendable.

We will never have the pull of some of these other franchises because our GM and star player are just not that likeable. Its a fact we have to accept.

7. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

So do we put the almost had Jimmy banner next to the 5-8 vs the Warriors banner or in between that one and the Harden got cheated out of the MVP 2019 and 2016 banners?

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

By all accounts, James Harden is the reason Jimmy Butler considered becoming a Rocket. I would agree that Morey’s willingness to trade anyone at any time hurts the Rockets from a stability standpoint, but the biggest factor hindering the Rockets in free agency is the fact Houston isn’t a great place to live in the eyes of NBA players.

9. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Love how everybody on social media is like why would Butler wanna go to Miami?

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

You just lost a free iPad Jimmy

Sledge187, tc0330 and jch1911 like this.
  11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Do 1) Morey able to line up trades to make the S&T work and give him max 2) Butler not mind playing for the Rockets, warrant “extreme confidence”?

I still cannot connect the dots. There is something missing here.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's really not such a bad thing, at least it's one less guy that can go to LA and the Heat are basically going to be a mediocre franchise especially if there is no one around Butler...dude may be asking for a trade mid-season once the shine of south beach wears off.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wonder how much of this has to do with the way Harden plays. Howard wanted out, CP rumors of wanting out. LBJ and Jimmy never even had a Houston on the list.

14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Houston was never a FA destination long before Harden in all 3 major sports

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi and tc0330 like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Houston hasn't had the cap room to attract a big name. Harden is not known as a selfish player, because of his passing skills.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's the perception of Harden, I certainly think it plays a role in it.

If this is true I'd bet anything that Riley mentioned that to Jimmy, it's what Cuban told Dwight when they were courting him IIRC.

I do think that maybe there is a good chance this is too just the media hyping things up. We went through this with Dwight, about how he was basically going back to L.A only to learn it wasn't at all true.

The media loves these glamor cities so they get a little excited about these things.

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Quite a bit more than people here want to admit

Not just Harden's style of ISO "shut up and stand in corner" play but also Morey's treatment of players as expendable and assets. There is no culture here and it starts from the top

Durant who was rumored to be Harden's best buddy didn't give Rockets a second of his time. We are always the bridesmaids never the bride

cheke64 likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yeah, I mean I'm not saying it's true. I hope it isn't. But it's definitely food for thought. He plays a way where IMO it would be hard for another star player it accept that. It is what it is. It's up to Morey to properly surround James with talent anyways.

At this point I hope they safe face with Clint and EG somehow unless a guy like Beal becomes available. And work on Rivers and the bench

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance