1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler will be Moreys main target this summer, and he feels fairly confident it will happen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If older report are to be believed and Riley scoffed at including Richardson in a Butler trade to Minnesota, why would he be more willing to offer Richardson for Butler now?

Butler is now a year older, and the Heat could of had his 5-year max rights.

76ers might prefer Richardson but I don’t think the Heat are willing to part unless they get totally desperate.

Not saying #Butler2Houston is a sure thing but if the 76ers are looking to get something back for Butler and the only teams he is interested in that are willing to do a sign and trade are Houston and Miami, and Miami is unwilling to include Richardson then Houston has a really good chance.

2. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Lakers insider Rdambition? On reddit has said from the jump that Horford is going to the 6ers. He’s said it since he opted out. He’s very well plugged in and has been calling a bunch of stuff way before mainstream media got it. Look him up to verify if you want. But again he has stated for last 2 weeks horford will get that offer from the 6ers.

If the 6ers want horford reddick and Tobias I can’t see them accepting any kind of salary back in a trade especially dragon at 19 million. If they don’t want Egod on a smaller expiring and a better player fit why would they want Dragic.

Heat would have to do some of the BYC trades like us and trade guys into space. Which is harder u less they give up Winslow or Richardson. Since Johnson waiters and olynyk are harder to trade

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Miami would've to do literally the same thing we would've to do, nothing special, if we can make it they can, although apparently they would have some more issues depending on what players they'll have to move etc, but if they're after Butler it means they can trade for him.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

The thing I don't get about Miami in terms of competing is that after what they have to give up to get him, there's very little left. With us he would still have Harden, CP3 and Tucker to compete with.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would actually say it's easier for Miami to create a path for Jimmy for the simple reason that other teams seem to get their rocks off by not helping the Rockets. Warriors?? Sure, we'll take your garbage Bogut contract! Lakers?? Absolutely we'll take Wagner and whoever the **** else! Miami??? Yes Pat, we'll make this as easy as possible for you!! Rockets??? LMAO go **** yourself!

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Y'all act like every star wants to play with Harden. That is far from true and someone like Jimmy with pride and passion wouldn't wanna come here and stand in the corner watching Harden ISO for 20 seconds

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i get what you're saying, one point in our favour though, is that we're in the other conference, Sixers should prefer to send Butler here.

There was a tweet of Marks (if i remember well) tonight about how Butler could be forced to leave some money on the table in one specific scenario with Miami, that would be hilarious and sad at the same time if it ever happens.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How much you want to bet? Tipjar? Put your money where your mouth is, chump.

YOLO likes this.
  9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

They can but their cost is higher. The guys were moving have positive trade value in Gordon and capela. Whereas the guys With positive trade value is Richardson and Winslow who they wouldn’t move. I guess theoretically if you can dump whiteside and another player making a million into cap space with assets that would fulfill the BYC rules. But they’d have to give up assets in dumping their contracts to the third team and again to the 6ers to make it worth their while.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it may be logical. Before, he was trading for one year of Jimmy with no certainty of resigning him. This time he would be getting Jimmy for the long term so it may be easier to part with a key piece.

Doesn't make a lot sense to me anyways.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone else think the “rockets are getting butler” stuff might have just been smoke to get people to stop talking about CP and Harden hating each other?

JK0nG likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

They would definitely move Richardson or at least Winslow, why would Philadelphia make the trade otherwise? They won't do a sign & trade just to get 33 years old Dragic expiring and declining. Dragic is probably the contract they would move to a third team, which might cost them a pick or a young player, although i wouldn't bet on that.

#992 Vivi, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  13. mockster

mockster Member

You don’t meet with two free agent centers for no reason. This indicates Capela is being shipped out and the only reason for that would be to obtain butler or a back up plan for another player

BigShasta and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Maybe, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that the Rockets plan to move Capela’s contract regardless of whether Butler is coming here. They may have concluded he’s not worth his contract, that they can get similar, maybe even better, production at a far cheaper price.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...Butler to MIA?

Man...

16. rocketseagles07

Maybe the rockets really are confident but jimmy butler himself hasn’t decided yet????

There’s all this overreaction in here. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

I’m not the rockets optimist but either way we’ll be fine ESPECIALLY if we can get the full MLE

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Man is right. Let the process play out FFS

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

He is too old to play for a **** team with no stakes. Maybe Philadelphia is trying to up the ante?

19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

So the heat would have a roster of

whiteside/bam
    Olynyk/Johnson
    Butler
    Richardson or Winslow
    Richardson or Winslow /waiters

Their cap is still tied up in Johnson waiters and olynyk. And they’ve lost a good young piece and dumped an asset to get rid of dragics expiring. If butler desires location and culture (heat players are in great shape) than by all means Miami is the spot. But that team isn’t winning.

If I were the sixers I’d use cap on horford and sign him outright
    Negotiate a contract with reddick to get his cap hold reduced
    Execute sign and trade for Winslow or Richardson
    Sign thybulle
    Sign Harris
    Sign Scott’s contact while keeping his cap hold.

Is Winslow or Richardson more preferable than Eric Gordon? Are any of those guys plus reddick more prefarable than any other free agent targets? If it’s richardson + reddick you’d have to assume the 6ers take it and run.

mdoggnic likes this.
  20. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member