1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Jimmy Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Jimmy?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

136 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thing is with Nene opting out, we can afford a full non-tax MLE which is huge.

Paul - 38.51
    Harden - 38.15
    Butler - 32.7
    Full MLE - 9.25
    Tucker - 8.35
    Hartenstein - 1.42
    Clark - 1.42
    Vet min - 1.5
    Vet min - 1.5
    Vet min - 1.5
    Vet min - 1.5
    Rook min - .9
    Rook min - .9
    Troy Williams dead cap - .12

13 man roster ='s 138.62, under the 139 hard cap. We could also waive or trade Hart/Clark and replace them with two more vet mins. Theoretically would could build up some decent depth with the MLE and vet mins depending on if we get can some guys to take some pay cuts.

So if we send out Gordon and Capela, we can receive Butler and then DJ (or Brook Lopez, Nerlens Noel) with our MLE. Meaning it's pretty much only an improvement.

2. alcatrazpsycho

Lose a bunch of assets to acquire another overpaid, soon-to-be has-been (who demands to be traded every year)?

Sounds like the key to a championship. Get r done More-A.

seemoreroyals and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Doesn't matter who we get. Until we get a coach that can make proper in game adjustments and utilize the roster to greatest potential, this team still won't bring home the post season hardware.

4. Possum

Possum Member

I did read his post and was just curious as to why you would be such a Douche.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but does Jimmy Butler want Houston?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I want all the posters who assumed with high certainty and arrogance that he was surely opting-in to come in here and die on that hill. I was hopeful, but for sure didn't think it was guaranteed.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I do not want Jimmy Butler if we still have Chris Paul

seemoreroyals likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I believe Bosh at his best was better by a margin, just got neutered in Miami.

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

EG was our Xfactor last year...and for the years before... hate to lose him....hate it so bad. Wish Jimmy could have opted in. SMFH.

BeBreezy and TheFreak like this.
  10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Might as well go for the trophy and put all our eggs in a basket. Last year's squad should have been enough to get to the finals if not win it but we lost two big rotational players and for whatever reason we gained two respectable players in Rivers and Faried but it wasn't enough to get past the Warriors (without a Kevin Durant in the last few games).

If rumors are true, we should have the upper hand in signing Butler, we lose Tucker/Capella/Gordon we should be able to replace Tucker with Butler's versality and we might be able to get Tyson Chandler or Jordan.

Replacing Gordon off the bench is going to be pretty tricky though.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is where a bonzi wells or Jared Jeffries comes in handy

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't see how he's any better than Gordon, esp. when considering fit. Morey seems to want names more than anything. Like he has to be liked by the cool kids. I still can't get past going after Carmelo and not even trying to retain Ariza.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Jimmy not opting in and being traded to us tells me alot about what I wanted to know about him...... if Houston was in his heart and he wanted to come home and win, then he opts in and plays with a stacked team..... he didnt do that so I surmise that hes all about his money or its money first then complain that you dont have enough to win....

I'll be glad if we dont get him via S&T....

it sets us up to make other moves.... like if Eric doesn't want to sign an ext.... then sign shump then package both and get a really good piece or a young pre star.....

all in all he ain't doing it for the city........

Little Bit and treyk3 like this.
  14. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Im not privey to any information directly from anywhere, but there are agents rumbling at the moment. When the Jimmy Butler move falls through, and it will, there are more than a few rumblings that Harden will be requesting a trade in the not too distant future.

Harden is well aware that the boat anchor contract that CP has will hamstring this team from making moves for the next 3 years and he is at a point where winning a championship matters more than anything.

Trust me when I tell you this is going to end much more poorly than most are expecting.

15. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

This is my biggest fear. I answered 'no' to the poll, but my answer is more like 'meh'. If we don't get him, I'm not losing sleep over it. But if we do I hope chemistry is there, and that changes are made to the offensive strategy so that no one feels jipped. I haven't really liked Jimmy's attitude at his last two destination teams, although one could argue that he didn't get along with some of those young players because they lacked maturity/a determination to be great.

[​IMG]

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

You want Jimmeh because he has Team USA friends. He is said to be friends with DeAndre Jordan. If you want a CP3 replacement, guess who is it?!?!?!? I rather watch Hot Wings videos than State Farm videos nothing against Harden and CP3. Most NBAers will want to play with Tomballer than 3 point contest winner and the guy who disappears in the playoffs. If we have a chance at Jimmy #21, we should go for it. At worst, we keep the same lineup last year and still win games.

17. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Yes to a point, but at what cost?

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Its a trick question. It really depends on who or what we give up for him.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Saving it for my annual, “Does this player fit the Rockets.” But Jimmy May be playing us. So I will post it here.

Jimmy Butler 18/19 Play Types per NBA.com
    https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/

Play Type.....................Freq...............PPP..................NBA percentile.........page found
    Isolation (Min): ...........10.6%............1.10..........................91.7........................3
    Isolation (Phi): ............10.2%............0.99.........................76.1........................1
    Transition (Min):..........15.6%...........1.32...........................87.2........................7
    Transition (Phi): ......... 16.6%...........1.23..........................72.5........................2
    PnR B Handler (Min):..35.7%...........1.04...........................93.9.......................3
    PnR Ball Hand (Phi): ...25.2%...........0.84...........................53.8......................2
    Post Up (Min): ............. —————
    Post Up (Phi): ..............7.2%..............0.80..........................24.0......................2
    Spot Up (Min):..............12.6%............1.00..........................54.2.......................8
    Spot Up (Phi):..............10.5%.............1.07..........................72.1.......................5
    Cuts (Min):....................6.0%...............1.75.........................98.9.......................6
    Cuts (Phi):.....................7.2%...............1.68.........................97.9......................1
    Off Screen (Min):.......... ———————
    Off Screen (Phi):...........4.4%................1.19........................91.4.......................2
    Hand Off (Min):............. ———————
    Hand Off (Phi):..............8.4%................1.04.........................74.5......................1
    Put Backs (Min):...........5.0%.................0.80.........................14.4......................6
    Put Backs (Phi):............5.4%.................1.04.........................44.1......................2

Playoff Jimmy 18/19 (Philly)
    Play Type......................Freq...................PPP.....................NBA percentile.......page found
    Isolation........................7.5%...................0.94..........................56.8......................1
    Transition......................14.6%................1.03...........................33.7......................1
    PnR Ball Handler..........32.7%.................0.91...........................60.3.....................1
    Post Ups.......................5.8%...................0.92..........................74.1......................1
    Spot Up.........................12.8%................1.28...........................88.0......................1
    Cuts...............................4.9%..................1.27...........................54.1......................1
    Put Backs.......................5.3%.................1.75...........................97.1......................1
    Off Screens....................4.0%..................0.89............................0.........................1
    Hand Offs.......................7.1%..................0.94...........................65.4.....................1

So if the Rockets implement more cuts.......Jimmy is a stand out at that play type.

I’m 60% confident Jimmy will be a Rocket this free agency. 40% chance Jimmy is playing both Miami/Houston.

Jimmy fits right in with CP3/Tucker mentalities. CP3 takes back seat as 3rd option. Harden reduces USG%
    off that 40% USG%. Winning solves all that ails the Rockets.

FrontRunner likes this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I'm not sure but the window is closing fast with CP3 so if we don't have a legit chance to move him you have to go for it.

fattz and ApacheWarrior like this.