1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If a trade was to go down with the Celtics for Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Jun 28, 2019.

?

Who do you want in return

1. Jaylen Brown

59.4%
  2. Marcus Smart

3.8%
  3. Terry Rozier

5.7%
  4. Gordon Hayward

4.7%
  5. Al Horford

9.4%
  6. 1st round pick is enough

17.0%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Riley would not move assets for James Butler with Minnesota
    Would move 2 of his better assets for Eric Gordon
    :D

saleem and Vivi like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

That make sense if we would speculate about a Rockets - Celtics only trade, but the Heat are not moving Bam and Winslow for Gordon and picks, that will just never happen.

saleem, raining threes and J.R. like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Agreed because they overrate their assets. I’d hope Morey never trades with Riley after he screwed us on Anderson.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Riley is definitely someone who overrates his players, that's true, but while Winslow is a good player, nothing special, Bam is really really good.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If MIA is in talks with anyone I would imagine dumping Whiteside would be part of any negotiations.

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I assume we are not getting anything back. Whatever swag Capela brings goes to the 6ers as part of the Butler fandango.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we are talking about a Celtics only trade (not as a 3rd team for butler coming here) then here are my thoughts:

-the rumor is a capela trade, not a capela/gordon/tucker trade so I assume any trade with the Cs doesn't involve gordon or tucker.
    -brown is almost off limits for them. they are planning on rebuilding around him and Tatum.
    -horford probably didn't decide where to go yet so its most likely not a S&T for him.
    -forget Rozier, we're not hard capping ourselves to S&T for him.
    -we probably won't get more than 2 assets out of ainge (smart, Williams, Boston's pick(s), Memphis pick)

that leaves smart, Hayward, yabusele, Williams, ojeleye, Boston's pick, and Memphis' pick. there are two potential trades here:

1) Hayward and Memphis' pick for capela/nene/NG guys.
    this would be a fallback if we don't believe we are getting butler, horford or love since we couldn't afford any of them and Hayward, nor would any of those teams want Hayward's contract. however, he fits in nicely for us, should take a step forward in his recovery this season, and was a known morey target in the past. plus that Memphis pick!

possible lineup:
    Paul
    Harden-gordon
    Hayward
    Tucker
    MLE

2) smart/yabusele and Boston's pick for Capela
    I think this is the most likely scenario because we can keep or flip this whole package to the Sixers with gordon later. smart/gordon/pick would be more than the Sixers gave up to get butler. it would be a huge win for them considering they could lose him for nothing. even if this is just a houston/boston trade I would be very happy with smart and a pick for capela. smart would replace gordon as the backup combo guard but is a better PG than gordon which is important considering all the missed games expected for CP3. I love the idea of pairing smart with Paul and tucker on the floor together! this would also set the stage for a gordon/nene/NG guys/picks trade later.

possible lineup:
    Paul-Smart
    Harden
    Gordon
    Tucker
    MLE

8. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

lol at some of you thinking we could get Brown for Capela...

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's just crazy to think that Angie would do that. He would offer a useless player and fillers at best.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Capela is worth more than a single first-rounder. He's a player and will be in the league for years to come, barring injury. How many first-rounders never attain that level?

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

It's blowing my mind that everyone (including the Rockets front office) is so willing to sell so low on Clint Capela. The dude can play and unless there's some secret plan that insiders don't know about, we have NO backup plan for Center.

I expect a lot of us will be disappointed when Jimmy resigns with Philly for the 5 year max. I will not be one of those people.

treyk3 likes this.
  12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

To be fair, the poll asked who we'd want, not who the Celtics would give up.

Strange that so much of the Rockets' confidential business has been put out there this offseason. As pouty as Gordon's been in the past when he thought he might be traded, I'd think he has to be moved before the season starts.

So, assume Capela's gone. Who's going to rebound and block shots? Tucker? The Rockets better be sure that someone like DAJ or one of the Lopezs, or another quality big is coming.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jimmy opts in

Boston Gets: Capela, Gary Clark

Houston Gets: Butler, Semi Ojeleye

Philly Gets: Smart, Nene, 1st from Boston, 1st fron Houston

Boston gets its young big,

Philly gets a Rotation player ( Smart) and (2) 1st rounders for Butler who could walk for nothing.

Rockets get Butler and a young wing who could be a solid rotation pice

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So is a trade of Capela for Marcus Smart then sign DJ with the BAE and Danny Green with the MLE a successful offseason?

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'd take Brown or Marcus Smart. Smart has young PJ written all over him

16. malakas

malakas Member

The last tweet I saw was that Boston is looking to add Looney or Kanter with their MLE.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They dont have a center, and i think Gordon Hayward, plus someone else would be a upgrade. I dont see why not.

18. riko

riko Member

Now that Jimmy is gone I get the feeling Hayward might be the Rockets next target in this deal .Granted his deal is bad but unlike Paul he has a upside and if he stays healthy he can live up to his deal.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Celtics are too stingy. It's a lose - lose. Capela is solid. One bad series. The Rockets should try to trade with the Texans, because that's a guaranteed win. The Texans will give you draft picks and players for nothing.

lnchan likes this.