1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela deal lined up pending on Butler agreeing to rockets deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 28, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Triggered. Likely because your take is demonstrably incorrect and you probably know it. It must be frustrating to get called on your bull crap.

Did you really just bring up wikipedia to prove he is a Forward, btw? Sheesh...

Why not watch the games before spouting your poo poo platter? He was a C in HOU and LAC. The fact that you don’t know that for at least Houston, is frankly embarrassing. Mike D’Antoni would never play him at PF. In fact, he was the 3rd string C and didn’t even play when Nene was healthy. Anyone that watched the Rockets when he was here would know that.

Do you really think he was a PF on the Rockets?

I’ll wait.

Did you watch LAC vs GSW in the playoffs? Did he play more minutes at PF or C?

I’ll wait.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harremo01.html

Check it out. Listed as a C. Want to know why? Because he plays the majority of his minutes at C. Want to know why? Because he can’t shoot outside of 3 feet.

Anything else? (Houston Rocket fan card still revoked)

#121 RudyTBag, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    BigMaloe, IvanLCPM, maw7079 and 2 others like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Could be as simple as he already has made it clear he was opting out and it hasn’t been reported since because there’s nothing to update

3. vick

vick Member

Butler has until tomorrow to op in.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its 120% +100k

So they need to be within 20%+100k of that $32.7.

They need to send out $26.06m in salary to meet the requirements if Butlers salary is $32.7m

The kicker is that because of BYC he only counts for $19.9m in outgoing salary for Philly …. 19.9 is short the outgoing salary to absorb $26.06 minimum incoming.

26.06 *.2 = 5.212

5.212*4 = 20.848

+/- 100k 20.748 minimum required to absorb 26.06

The actual numbers of Capela & EG ($28,954,282) make the gap greater. $23,063,426. being the figure they have to match.

JD88, tmoney1101 and D-rock like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I have a gut feeling that Sacramento is going to be involved and the Rockets will end up with my cousin. Justin will still have his #1 jersey from college because we will be sending Iman Shumpert In the package. I swear my head is about to explode.

Get it done Daryl!

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Heat will make trade offer for butler.

I think he wants to use rockets as a tool to get 5year contract. It turns to bad result.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks a lot.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. RocketsFanBrian

What time?

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I pointed that out almost a week ago …. when everyone was telling me how they could still trade or him and then CP3 extend him … "its not official."

Ideally he'd opt in and get that 5 year contract from the Rockets next year … 1+5 Is actually better for him long term than a 4 or 5 now. He's not getting 20m+ for a season at the end of the 4-5 year deal.

I don't know but the deadline is tomorrow.

We'll find out tomorrow …. or at worst on Sunday.

BHannes2BHonest and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hope so......needs to get his 3P% up like year 1 & 2 of college. Wish him well.

D-rock and Roc Paint like this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I’m triggered because I think you’re an idiot?

Not really. The clippers being undermanned at center because they don’t have anyone over 6’10 that can play doesn’t make montrezl a center, even if you want to think a 6’8 PF can play center full time.

Same thing with the rockets. We didn’t have a back up C, so he played center. It’s really that simple. Your entire take is based on looking at a stat sheet with no context whatsoever. You’re the worst combination of a fan, because you’re mathematically incapable of understanding context within statistics, but you also lack the eye or expertise to analyze basketball without stats.

A surface level explanation like ‘he plays C most often, so he’s a C,” is the explanation I would expect from a child, not a fully grown adult, regardless of intellectual capacity.

If you’re expecting an explanation from me that argues with your elementary knowledge of basketball, you’ll be waiting for a while. If you decide to contribute something with some actual insight, reply to me, and we’ll have a grown up conversation.

The idea that you think can actually identify fans with insight compared to those without insight, when you fail to grasp the most basic concepts of correlation vs causation, “is frankly embarrassing.”

Chamillionaire likes this.
  15. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Who is that? Maybe I don’t recognize him without a uniform on. Cannot think of who that is

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It ain’t happening fam

basketballholic likes this.
  17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I am a slave to the Internet checking clutch fans every 20 minutes for gold nuggets or cyber x bombs.

Dacamel likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Justin James, cousin of Roc.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

20. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Who is your cousin?

Edit**nevermind...could find it by checking this site and google

Roc Paint likes this.