1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela deal lined up pending on Butler agreeing to rockets deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 28, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well one of them is addicted to Shirley Temples and has been chronically overweight and the other one claimed he has never in his life once been taught to shoot until this year. Then he hired his own brother as shooting coach.

2. seeingred

seeingred Member

I don't see the need for secrecy or for trying to smooth things over. We've come close and lost 2 years in a row. Besides the MVP, Everyone's ass is expendable and always has been. "Disappear for the most important series (not game) of this team's decade? Pack your sh*t."

BaselineFade and Tomstro like this.
  3. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

part of me does too. unless hakeem or yao come out of retirement that is then it's on!

but seriously, he's one of the first players we've actually drafted and genuinely developed in recent years and i don't him getting better on another team.

4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m sure Morey’s ideal scenario is one where Jimmy opts in, but we all know that Morey will not rest until he gets his man.

Durrell just seems to be covering his bases like a good GM should.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How much cap room will the Rockets have if Clint is traded for a 1st rounder? I can't imagine it would be more than 10M. Jimmy Butler is going to feel insulted if he doesn't get 30 M from Houston.

Gordon is next up for cap room, whether Morey and TF like it or not. Perhaps PJ too.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

EG for the last 2 years:

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, sammy, Gray_Jay and 3 others like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

*laughs in Morey*

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

So @BimaThug basically if the third team is Celtics, roadmap should look someway like that...

1) With Kyrie gone, Horford signs anywhere via S&T for Boston to clear cap space with his cap hold and receive large TPE
    2) Celtics sign Kemba via cap room
    3) Capela is traded to the Celtics as a part of a new three-team sign and trade for acquired TPE with picks and Eric going to Philly and Jimmy going to the Rockets on 4-year max deal

Am I correct or I do miss smth?

malakas likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

One thing's for sure: Jimmy Buckets is setting himself up to be lustily booed in the Toyota Center next year if he doesn't play along.

luckyman76 and J Sizzle like this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

People act like our relationship with EGo is unsalvageable if the Butler deal falls through. We went through the exact same thing last year and he played fine.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Celtics believe it is vice versa.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets aren’t trading for cap room. Even if they traded all three of Gordon, Capela and Tucker for no incoming salary, they wouldn’t have the cap space to offer Butler the max. The Rockets have to send out enough salary to satisfy the 125% (+100K) percent requirement of NBA trade rules in a Butler sign and trade. That means they have to be within 25% + 100K of $32.7 million either way. They need a third or fourth team involved because of Base Year Compensation rules, and the Sixers covet draft picks more than players.

#73 DVauthrin, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    saleem, YOLO and malakas like this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m sure it’s a coincidence that during the Jimmy Butler trade rumors last season Eric Gordon came out and said he wasn’t having fun, and he was mired in a miserable shooting slump. Nothing to see here.

#74 DVauthrin, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Gray_Jay and topfive like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So is every other C in the league who doesn't have one.

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

opt in deadline i saturday.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jimmy likes being booed.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think we're just differing on strategy here, since it's all speculation anyways. But the way I see it, it would pressure Jimmy bc it would signal that our (the Rockets) only path forward together is for you to opt-in. We want you (Butler), but we also want to win the chip. We will wink wink CP3 extend you because we have a track record of keeping our wink wink promises.

The current theory doesn't make sense to me because all it's signaling now is that we're willing to trade for you if you opt-out and we move mountains to get rid of productive players in order to acquire you.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that still much of a dealbreaker at this point. no matter what happens, morey is still going to go after JB whether he opts in or out

im more focused on the time the entire gates open and we start to know answers to all the FA news

Corrosion likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Butler wants to come here. Let’s just stop with the BS on that one. We didn’t offer 4 firsts and all of this talk without knowing that for a fact. I think this specific trade rumor was as much for him and getting Philly up off it’s ass. This goes down before FA or not at all. Things had to be shook up. I think the Rockets are trying to get Butler to opt in by proving again they will move all in for him. Unfortunately I think Clint was the most tradable piece and the Rockets couldn’t take ANY chances this time with the timing or not having the side deals locked down. Jimmy now has the power to stop our bleeding with the opt in and he can help get us what we want. This could still be Clint and Nene. At that point we have massive firepower to act quickly on everything else.