1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whoops lol that post was a waste of time.

My answer to that post now is, hell naw.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More voids and holes to fill if they lose those guys.....the trades cannot come soon enough.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Who is going to play defense?!

D-rock likes this.
  4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Tillman

zksb09, izeroi and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Best defense is the best offense

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Bobby Jackson Rules

I really do miss the man named Les Alexander.

Dacamel likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The perfect owner would always be a Steve Ballmer type, madly in luv with the game, the wealthiest guy, and a nerd.

Nerd owner> Nerd GM

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Jimmy butler

xtruroyaltyx and matchesmalone like this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The worst thing about this is we know Paul is going to get injured again, so we'll be short of a starter for another 15 to 20 games. Now if Harden also gets injured for a period next season, we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs if we do this trade.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Jimmy Butler move is all about the playoffs where all these role players can never be counted on...a guy who can step up when Harden is struggling and CP0 is playing like he’s 34

I mean, if Harden gets injured we’re not making the playoffs regardless of whether or not we do this trade

jdjd and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Don't sleep on Boston to get involved, if the Rockets need make help to make room for Jimmy(fingers crossed).

Beandip is high on Clint and with Horford going elsewhere and the Baynes move, they have a need in the middle.

I'd be sad to see Clint go, but James can make a good center out of thr majority of leapers. WCS wants out... He'd be more than happy for some easy oops.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Clippers haven’t paid LT under him if I’m not mistaken

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

With the same logic Philly could say "why would i want to help another top team i might face in the finals get their big 3? I'd rather have Butler go to a team with only another star like Brooklyn and use the cap space on someone else, or trade him to Miami for players we like more". I agree the Sixers have not the best leverage here, but let's not act like we are in a much better position since without Philly we can't do anything...this, unless Butler only wants to come here of course, but for what we know he'll meet with other teams too, including Miami.

As for Tucker i don't know, agree to disagree, all the insiders here already pointed out that the Rockets made him available in the past, Woj says he's available today so...yeah, whether we like it or not that's the reality. Like you i don't like it, but if for some reason he's the only way to get Butler, you just do it, but like i said, on this point we hjave just to agree to disagree i guess.

#393 Vivi, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Seems that Clint was in play with Boston during draft night, so definitely a good piece of info @Codman. Clint would be an excellent addition to the Celtics.

I'd hate lose Clint, but I'm sure we can find somebody that can semi replace his production offensively (although defensively, I don't think so).

15. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I wonder if Morey could swing Horford or Brown into this if we give Boston Capela....

16. mario elie

mario elie Member

With their cap situation, seems like this would be a Plan B for Boston assuming they strike out on Kemba. Right?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Horford already opted out and he's a free agent. Now i don't know if Boston can still work with him to a sign & trade once free agency starts, but even if that's possible, i f we sign & trade for Butler, we won't have the salaries to match a Horford sign & trade.

D-rock likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

WCS plays defense.......poorly? And what's he gowanns 2B paid?

Boston tried to take Clint, according to Clutch (educated speculation on the draft night trade that, as usual, wasn't). Memphis hosed us. Hopefully something can be salvaged of it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. markelliott1997

We have a farm? Where?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

A little off topic here, but I would like to explore the possible "life after Capela" part of this rumor. The replacement I've most-oft heard mentioned is DeAndre Jordan. I have several questions, possibly concerns, about Jordan: (1) historically he has been a liability at the free-throw line, something the Rockets in the past learned the hard way can do you in during the post-season, (2) Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Jordan's production since leaving the Clippers (is he declining? Still playing at a decent level?), (3) What is he expected to cost on the free agent market and is he even affordable?, (4) If not DeAndre, what are the other big man acquisitions we could reasonably target since we are likely not only losing Capela, but his back-up in Nene as well? Personally, I think you need to keep Capela or Tucker to minimize as much as possible the fall off in defense their departures might create with Capela being the more likely to go given the size of his contract.....that is unless there are cheaper options to target in the event that both join the ranks of the recently departed.