1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. opticon

opticon Member

I wonder how much his health issues played a part in his inconsistent playoff performance. You also can't forget how one dimensional he is on offense. His health did not effect that. He needs some kind of counter when he can't score inside if he wants to be an elite player in this league. If not he will be just average and will bounce around the league.

napalm06 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I like how you accidentally made his point by providing a list that is literally one guy long.

harold bingo, YOLO and tc0330 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

he also shot 29% from 3 in the playoffs. so the list is really 0 players long

hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol that's wasnt the point weather its rare....I know that. Its available is my point. I never said it wasnt rare intact I said it was. He was talking about iding the next guy, n I'm saying why u already know who that guy is n he a free agent

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His slow start to the year after his fat contract really put me off. Took him half the season to get that hunger back and even then he's so inconsistent. So I'm not as high on him anymore but it's entirely due to his own performances.

6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

He HAS NOT IMPROVED His game NONE... no moves in the clutch you can't count on him..

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Whole team started out slow though, there seemed to be a hangover from losing to the Warriors vs. getting rich. What scares me is the difference Bzdelik made once he returned. I don't understand the firing.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree there was multiple folks who started slow but this thread is about Capela and his performance is his responsibility. He has to be held accountable and I think his name in trade talk is proof that he is.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes. Actually. That was exactly his point. He said, "finding a center who can shoot 38% from 3 and able to not be played off the court is about as easy as finding a competent 3 and D wing."

He is saying exactly that. That those players are rare and difficult to obtain. That is the whole point of his post. 100% of it. That's all he said/implied/meant.

YOLO likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

don't want to come off as a hater or jopat burner acct, but that shot was UGLY :D

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He still looks like a very raw and shorter version of Deke Mutombo, a homeless version on D.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can’t say it looked nice or anything either but I wonder If this is really going to translate into the season and on. First time I’ve seen this in an actual game though from him. And as long as it goes in lol

burlesk and pippendagimp like this.
  14. smp

smp Member

I'm one of the proponents of mixing in some more midrange shots to keep the defense honest and the scoreboard moving. This is not what I had in mind!!!!

harold bingo and pippendagimp like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in my experience a new shot like this, even it's successul during the course of the season, at critical moments and especially in the playoffs with tighter D -- you can't depend on him to make that shot

smp likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How about acquiring a real power forward to help him out

Corrosion and RichieBanks like this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It may not look pretty yet, but the fact he’s working on expanding his range and developing an offensive repertoire is a good thing for him and the Rockets. It’s about time.

glynch, Vivi and burlesk like this.
  18. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I love Clint but to be honest I hope he been working on a go to post move because he do have a advantage over alot of center in this league (NBA) with his quickness, and with Russ on the team I think he's gonna be better because you gotta pick your poison with both of them at the basket.

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I just love that @BaselineFade liked that post!

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we shoulda traded his punk ass for a legit forward :D. Just kidding. Seriously if can hit that shot from the baseline or elbow/free throw line area that would really help to add some diversity to our offense. I hope he keeps working.