1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’d rather trade Paul for Butler if possible if it meant keeping everyone else.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Me too

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

What kind of cap space will they even have if they keep reddick/tobias ? players under contract are more important than cap space for teams even close to the cap.

4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

It's not that crazy. A lot of GMs probably just don't like Morey because they're salty for whatever reason.

Nelly likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Then they make it a 3 teamer and take no salary while getting a large trade exception. Zero reason not to play ball. Brand is an idiot though, so who knows?

D-rock likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but wouldn’t it make life easier overall.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I’ll throw my hat in on this one too....Capela/Ego/Tuck >>>> CP3

D-rock, deb4rockets and ROXTXIA like this.
  8. Raven

Raven Member

Morey is going to gut the team in one last hail mary to protect his job.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Perhaps Morey has eyes on a younger replacement for Tucker. I LOVE Tucker's grit but he's 34/35, we will see a drop off in his production soon (maybe even next season).

D-rock and Gray_Jay like this.
  10. Sanity2disChaos

Who comes to mind?

11. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not sure honestly, I haven't looked at the available players. But if we know one thing about Morey it's that he's good at finding relatively cheap, productive role players.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw that. Butler isn't worth giving up even 2 of our top 5 players. I hate the idea. All this makes me sick. Give me a break, it isn't like he is LeBron or Anthony Davis. Hate, hate, hate this. We already lost Bev, Trez, and Lou. Enough already. Just trade off House, Shump, and picks for a forward that makes us a little better.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

i hate to admit i almost understand where sauces was going about jimmy not fitting in here with Chris Paul. I mean if your gonna pay this guy that much money to play defense, wouldnt it be better to go out and try to get some players like the Trevor Ariza, Boute role, i mean sauces is right, jimmy is not gonna get the ball enough around chris and james, then you might have a ww3 in the locker room. Who knows, maybe the rockets are best just letting this jimmy thing go, and just trying to trade Gordon and Capela for a nice pg, and defensive small and nice Power Forward. Who knows.

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

I said in another thread yesterday rockets are willing to trade everybody not named Paul, harden and tucker. So this is news to me that they would add tucker. Idk if this is completely accurate. I know things change but I’m not buying this.

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

all i know is this weekend about to be f*cking bananas man

Gray_Jay likes this.
  16. realonemo

realonemo Member

Can somebody explain to me wtf wouldn't Philly a pick (3rd team) back if they were for sure losing Jimmy. Fine ..you don't want Gordon/Tucker take this 1st rd pick and shut up.

Possum likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

18. Raven

Raven Member

In the early days, Morey wallowed in the media fawning. He did himself no favors.

19. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Yup, cap space is useless if it isn't enough cap space to actually get impact players. Unless you're opening up $25-30+ million in cap space, it's not that great. $10-15 million of cap space plus the room MLE which is what, like $3M is not any better than resigning your $15M free agent AND having the full MLE.

20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Dam.. fox 26 news got phone calls of tucker and Gordon asking them if they’re mad or feel a certain way.. Gordon states that he thinks if they stay together they can win but that ultimately it’s a business.

D-rock likes this.