1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the forum's Grand Burgher has spoken

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Three of our core players for Butler...sorry, just not worth it.

BaselineFade and deb4rockets like this.
  3. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Are we doing this with inside info that Jimmy wants to come here? it seems too much to be otherwise because if we are doing all this with just a "chance" its stupidity. My hunch is that Harden and Rockets know interest is there. Trade Clint for a pick or so and trade Gordon with picks to Philli and get buckets

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I mean we wouldn’t be doing all of this publicly if we didn’t love our chances .. a yes should be expected by JB

5. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Trading PJ would be stupid. I love the idea of getting Butler but not for PJ. I can't see how this would make us better. I also doubt PJ would be in trade talks. He is the glue that holds this team together. It's doubtful this is true. No media members have an inside source in the Rockets.....assuming you don't count Bima Thug as a media member. They always have their own agendas when it comes to us. Nobody on ESPN has an inside track on this team. Why does Bill Simmons suck so bad now? That dude is so butt hurt that his Celtics are no longer in the title picture anymore.

6. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I'll be happy when all this speculation is over and an actually deal gets done.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  7. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

anyone but PJ!!!

8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

but this isn’t your typical trade scenario... sixers shouldn’t have this much leverage when jimmy butler can just say f*** off and walk out on them with nothing in return. even if it was a one for one trade with butler and pj... sixers should be happy to get a player who can contribute than just losing butler for nothing.
    only reason rockets have to include two of capela, eg, and pj is because of salary/byc. not because it is a fair or unfair deal for the sixers. this isn’t a trade that requires fair value from both the rockets and sixers...from the rockets point of view, they need to dump enough salary to even afford jimmy’s max contract. and those players likely are going to a third team rather than the sixers in a deal for butler anyways.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

All Morey is doing is lining up the logistics of a potential deal, so if Butler says yes, then he can move immediately.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, but you can say the same about the Rockets, where's our leverage if we can't open up cap space to sign the player and we can just trade for him? In the end you have probably to find a middle ground to make a deal so, if they say for whatever reason they have no interest in bad picks or Gordon cause they have already a deal with Redick or they plan to go after another SG, but they do have interest in Tucker, what you're going to do?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever it takes to get James Harden & Jimmy Butler on the same team longterm...

F everything else.

12. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The problem is that the league is stacking the decks against Morey. I firmly believe that. Morey has to give up a whole lot of assets, and even then, the star might be traded to another team for MUCH less. These general managers are f*cking assholes.

13. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

He never got 2 stars

Past prime Howard & CP3 were not all stars

14. CALI_MOST_WANTD

How is this plan suppose to work? Trade one of tucker, capela, Gordon for a 1st round pick and use that pick for butler? Are we really thinking 76ers take 1 first round pick for butler. I have a feeling we still would have to get rid of at least 1 of the remaining 2 from the 3 for the 76ers to wanna.

If we can get butler by only losing 1 of the 3 that would be best. But I'm still not sold on blowing it up. GSW was what was in the way now they are not. I think we can still win with the core we have. Cp3, tucker, Harden, eg, capela

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Plan B?

Trade Paul and picks for Butler SnT - 3 team deal.

Harden/Rivers (MLE)
    EGo/Frazier
    Butler/Green
    Tucker/Clark
    Capela/Hartenstein

Plan C: upgrade 4 spot via trade (EGo, Capela, picks - multiple teams).

Paul/Ponds
    Harden/Green
    TRoss (MLE)/Tucker
    AGordon/Clark
    Noel (vet min)/Nene/Hartenstein

Hey Bill Simmons .... **** OFF!!

#315 D-rock, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    tc0330 likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

general manager conspiracy

napalm06 likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

When was the last time a rotation player that just won the championship took the minimum next year?

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

It just wouldnt make sense they held him out for butler last year but now would get rid of him? Man Minnesota really made the wrong choice and not taking our deal over philly. They already ditched saric and covington is going to walk. Thibideau really is a horrible coach/president decision maker.

They traded butler for covington, saric, bayless, and a second round pick. They then traded saric for a pick swap 11 to 6 this year.

They really ended up with a 5 pick swap and a second rounder for butler. Thats it. What was our offer again? 3 firsts and gordon? The eric gordon who is under a good positive contract for 1 more season.

Sledge187, MJ19 and Gray_Jay like this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

people may think bill simmons is crazy, but a lot of sixers fans i know would rather have the cap space of Jimmy walking than take 1 year of Eric Gordon.

20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I thought it was a bitcoin farm.