1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

livingston doesn't have much left, but he sure showed houston he could come up in moments still

and the same with iggy. they may not be able to handle a ton of minutes anymore but they still come up big when you need them more times and not.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol u called that retooling lmao. That was actually bad moves. Mcw,old melo, Ennis lol. So 2 none shooters. That tells me morey didnt even try last offseasons. He thought oh we a shoe in to win.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's not called retooling? lol what's it called then. you lose 2 significant rotation players. bring in 3 brand new players. I'd love to heard what that's considered.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

We are trading Tucker, who is literally the definition of a bench guy, Eric Gordon who is a very solid sixth man, and a Starting Center for an All Star. That's a good deal for the Rockets. Take it. And the sixers are getting quality, but they are getting guys who just can't take the next step to stardom. Easy decision. All three players are mid level bands who will never get to the status of Butler. Gordon is too streaky with limited handle. Capela has no post moves. And Tucker has no offense and no height. Likely all three to never have. We will need to replace with young inexperienced players, but that's ok with me. We need some youth and athleticism. Of the three, prefer to keep Capela because he is long and athletic.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Agreed on Iggy. Strong disagree on Livingston. He can give you a few minutes of decent defense and hit the occasional midrange jumper. I think "come up big" takes a lot more than that.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am surprised too. I love PJ. He's the only guy who laid it all on the floor. But he's not a difference maker like Butler is. If I had to trade PJ for Butler, I'd do it.

That said, I don't have as much faith as I used to in Morey for filling out the necessary depth to complement the stars. After last season, my feeling is that Morey is pretty random in terms of hitting the targets.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

But this isnt true...can we actually call it for how it actually happened...at every stop Jimmy has has problems with young players not taking the game serious....Wiggins, town, embid, Simmons. All guys if the focus more on basketball the would be better. How is that the same on the rockets with 2 h.o.f.ers? I'm serious I dont get this miss characterization of butler. He just a vet that dont like playing with youth....like u know every beta that's in win now mode. How is it dif then lbj at every stop wanting to trade every single young player for vets he can count on

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why. he was pretty impactful against houston especially when curry had a 0 pts half in the elimination game

JW86 likes this.
  9. jboslett

jboslett Member

Can Shumpert (upon being resigned) be included as salary? This might spare having to include PJ.

Of course, if possible it would also likely mean including more assets, like picks.

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

11. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He's a playoff monster. Quite easily an all-star level guy come postseason. **** boxscore stats.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait u taking about one rotational in luc that was hurt last year....n in the playoffs when we needed him...then ariza at 15 mills. I could of told u those guys wasnt gonna catch it

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we will give up too much for Jimmy Butler. Morey is a horrible gm

RichieBanks likes this.
  14. Rocketsfan3422

We will know more Sunday... Maybe Tues 4:45

RyanB likes this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

People don’t realize that nearly 40% of nba players are going to be free agents this offseason. I’m confident Morey will be able to replace Capela, Gordon, Tucker.

Jake Tower likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

luc was a huge rotational player before he got hurt. ariza speaks for himself. quit moving the fence. that was retooling no matter what you want to call it

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We were not trying to trade PJ. We love PJ. We think PJ's gonna be here for years to come. Fake news." - Daryl
    "It was a fluke, an accident. I'm still trying to figure out how PJ's name got thrown out there." - Tilman

BigM likes this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

But Butler needs to opt-in by Friday right?

19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

He played 13 minutes, hit 4 shots, and had two rebounds and an assist. That's not big by any means.

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Damnit Morey, you *******!!