1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

im sure GS has been saying the same for iggy and livingston

PJ's role is relative to his age. yeah if he's out here being put in the EG, harden, cp3 role of course his body won't be able to handle it. But he's not. hes yet to miss a game since hes been here for 2 years.

#141 YOLO, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

You'd think it would be pretty obvious, right?

xaos likes this.
  3. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

This reminds me of when we sold the farm for Charles Barkley because we couldn't get past the Supersonics. Almost immediately afterwards, that Sonics team broke up and we never got the ring anyway. I always thought Horry, Cassel and Elie were worth more than Barkley at that time for us, but we went the superstar route instead. With Golden State in disarray, it's possible that the thorn in our sides is finally out of the way and I hope we don't give up too much and history repeats itself with us going ringless. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Butler here, but only at the right price.

BamBam likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 was a overwhelmingly approved trade on this board. this board as a whole was not pissed off. a select few who always try to be different doesn't counter that. there's always a group of those in any scenario.

HP3 likes this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think Capela gets dealt. I'd have to believe the 76ers want EG/Tucker/1st Rd Pick for Butler given they have Embiid.

jboslett likes this.
  6. TheSource

TheSource Member

Do not like how this going at all

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

So long Capela!!!!!

We still have the G-league finals MVP Hartenstein!!!

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U lack fate in morey ability to retool. Dont get cold feet when it's time to ask the pretty girl out

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

shrug...no use crying over something that hasn’t even happened yet...we’ll see what the final result is

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Not me, get butler at all costs. I'm a big believer any role player can be replaced. Especially if you think morey is as good of a gm as everybody claims. I said last year we should of offered tuck n Gordon for Jimmy. Stars when in this league...unless u got up against a injury depleted team with said stars(gsw, this year)

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah how'd that retool work 12 months ago. an 11-14 hole

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But it says "sign and trade" and to afford Butler in a sign and trade we WOULD have to get rid of all three.

HP3 likes this.
  15. onreego

onreego Member

What if you know the pretty girl's history of setting their ex's house on fire?

16. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I'm surprised so many of you refuse to trade PJ under any circumstances. It's not like he's a mega-superstar??

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

If Butler and the 76ers were open to the trade scenario -- and there's yet to be a formal indication the team or Butler are interested -- the Rockets would need to include two of three of those players in a deal to the Sixers of a third team to make the salaries match on a four-year, $140 million maximum contract for Butler.

Butler's level of interest in pursuing the Rockets' idea in unclear. League rules prohibit Butler and his agent Bernie Lee from discussing the deal prior to the start of free agency on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET.

dcfma and KingCheetah like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ika be on record like I was last year. I would trade any body on this roster minus harden for Jimmy. We need a 2nd star. Cp3 is over the hill. I'm fine keeping him at the 3rd best guy spot...that's its. I'm not afraid of change. At the same time if it falls through I'm not opposed to just trimming n adding small peices. Point is I'm fine m either way but would prefer Jimmy....we owe harden, every other stars have competent talent. That's are top 5 guys. Kwahi does, curry did, lbj did n has now, I'm tired of people ******** on harden cause he cant be super teams n his best player is old ass paul

19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Livingston is done. Cooked. That was very clear in the playoffs.

Iggy has only so much left. He was a surprisingly good in stretches in the playoffs, but can't fill in full time anymore.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not that he’s some amazing player...main reason I want to keep him is because he’s very useful and we just lack so much depth...u lose him and then you’re looking for a quality starting C as well as starting PF, plus u need to fill in the bench

clutchdabear likes this.