1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lopez says hello

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still a Capela fan...but acknowledge that it makes more sense to cut costs at Center.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Draymond Green is a no name center?

Kevin’s looney is about to get paid. He definitely just made a name for himself.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

He needs a lot of work. Like him personally, but wouldn't be upset if he is replaced.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

That was really, really embarassing. He was totally a non factor in the GS series. It is like he disappeared.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

When Capela first appeared in the playoffs years ago, he was a difference maker, so it is weird that he disappeared. He was probably taken out of the series in the same way Derek Harper took out Kenny Smith. I look at it that way. It was basically one series. Willing to see what he can do down the road given that he's been a difference maker before.

#106 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It’s all about timelines and Capela if father back from the timeline that can help Harden and Paul.

Will Capela ever become a player that can create without Harden? Maybe but I doubt it.

Butler Is the better player and on their timeline. Butler can help Harden when Paul is regressing more than Capela ever will

8. dmoneybangbang

Hindsight 20/20 is waving back at you. Why didn’t you tell us that Lopez would shatter all his previous 3 point records while playing for a rock bottom contract?

Why’d you keep that wealth of knowledge from us last season? Could have used that before we signed Capela and he broke his leg during the 2018 season. Whose going to be the Brook Lopez for the 2019 season?

jacoby likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He exceeded every expectation ....... it is a business.

10. dmoneybangbang

Or maybe that viral infection that sidelined him for days during the Utah series was a severe hindrance to playing elite basketball? That’s on top of a poor matchup with GSW.

D-rock and jacoby like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Recency bias makes a lot of people look foolish. Replace Capela if you can find a better option but don’t make up history or all of sudden forget how good of a role player Capela is.

D-rock and jacoby like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol dray is not a center bro...not even close. I don't care where they play him. We play tucker at the 5 too...#notacenter. N looney ain't finna get paid lol. Net he doesnt get paid as much as Clint. That's paid

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I'm not I'm saying get him now. He ain't gonna get paid max dollars. He could be had for the mle

14. PhiSlammaJamma

One thing that did surprise me was how easy it was for Steph to put Capela on a string. He literally made that switch a disaster and I for one fully expected that Capela would actually give Steph some trouble. Maybe I was too optimistic, but he was totally destroyed and every move he made was wrong. Few can guard Steph. However, Capela was like a toy. That was disappointing.

15. dmoneybangbang

I know, you are telling me what we should have done after the fact.

Again hindsight is 20/20.... who will be the 2019 version of Brooke Lopez? Identify that.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok brooke Lopez lol....u dont need to identify one when u know it one that's proven it n that's a free agent. I dont get ur point. I dont care we have to pay him more then what he got last year so what. He a good player

17. dmoneybangbang

You are what you can defend and GSW’s ability to to go small with Draymond is one of their best attributes.

The modern center is fluid with multiple players filling in that role. Looney is like Capela when we had Dwight, looks better as the backup and without a lot of responsibility. Someone will probably overpay Looney.

18. dmoneybangbang

Lol. How much is Lopez going to cost? I care about paying a one dimensional player a lot of money when we are capped strapped. We don’t have a Giannis type defender backing up Lopez.

You willingly to give Lopez Capela type money? I’m not.

19. Garner

Garner Member

This is painfully full of stupid.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol sure it is