1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Brother 21

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Jun 26, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Another Summer another season of Big Brother. As always, I'm rooting for everybody black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Looking at the pics, I'll root for
    1. Chick in white top
    2. Dude in box 3 in checkered shirt
    3. Nerd in Glasses.

Will watch the taped "live" show tonight and decide on who to really root for.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

why do they cast a 53 year old guy from TX? Dude has zero chance to fit in and will be gone first most likely. waste of a cast member. Waiting to see who the house psycho is this year.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Will we ever get past this as a society? When will it be time to stop judging people by the color of their skin? I may have jumped the gun and taught my kids that everyone deserves respect regardless of their age, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical attributes etc.

Lurch likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Think rooting and judging are two different things. We are talking about rooting here. However, let's say we do live in your utopia where they are nearly the same thing. Where do you draw the line. For example, is it wrong for all of China to root for Yao Ming because he is Chinese? If that's what you hope for, it's ideal, but seems unrealistic in a rooting or competitive scenario today. I wouldn't consider it a wrong for the Chinese to root for Yao. In your scenario we'd be entirely rooting for players based on skill level or if we have money on one team or the other. And again, that's ideal, but that's be it. Have you never rooted for team usa just because they are team usa. Or for a Houston player simple because he is from the Houston Rockets or from the city of Houston. It's the same thing. You are rooting for the player simply because of where he was born, and based on that alone. Again, don't see any wrong in it as it relates to competition or sport. Maybe one day we get there, but it's really a long way off. Like I said, where do you draw the line? The line will always be moving and you can never get ahead of it unless we are in that utopia of rooting only on skill alone.

#5 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    VooDooPope likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

This entire post will be based on the stereotypes and color of their skin since I don't know their names, lol. I did watch the first episode. the black girl is supposedly a mean girl, so good luck with that. She'll likely team with the hot asian girl who might be a mean girl too. Thought the good looking guy who is camp director could carry a film and should be cast now as a leading actor. He has the goods. So I'm still rooting for him and his checkered shirts, the hot cowgirl, and the nerd after episode one. I might grow to like the mamosa since he will be on the team with the camp director. His joke about the fishies in the tank having his back was funny to me, classic mamosa humor too. At first impression he seems down to earth like the actor, but think he may be a little too cloudy for me.

VooDooPope likes this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Valid points.

I find as I get older I'm less likely to pull for someone based on where they were born. I also find my patriotism waning especially when politicians are trying to create a great divide between Americans and those born elsewhere. I even find my Texas pride dwindling with the way many of my fellow Texans are acting. Different subject, different forum. Sorry for the derail.

Back on topic... How about all those hotties in the BB house this year?

tierre_brown likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

My thoughts:

Dude in the 1st row has the head of a lego person.
    Chick in the yellow top is gorgeous and should win.
    1 of the 2 tatted dudes next to aquaman is from Jersey/Philly, can't tell which.
    Barbie is either from Georgia or Dallas.
    Girl on the bottom right is from Portland and quite possibly batsh!t crazy.

This was all done by looking at the cast lineup. I've never watched the show.

ptR91 and VooDooPope like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I’ve never watched the show, but I’d root for the guy in the cowboy hat.

10. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Cast seems pretty solid so far. Camp Director and Mimosa actually seem like pretty down to earth dudes. Rooting for them.

"Country Strong" Holly, and big D Kathryn are sexy. Did anyone see her throw that bucket of water on her intro vid? lol

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Of course the guy from Houston has to be 53 and wear a cowboy hat. :rolleyes:

12. PhiSlammaJamma

The Cowboy hat guy, Hogg, is already an old age target, and doesn't seem very aggressive or strategic. Shouldn't last too long. He might scoot by this week perceived as a limited threat and because the blonde he's up against could blow at any moment. HOH did a nice job keeping them both calm for now, at least on the outside. It seems to have worked.

Everyone was like lets diffuse this Ovi bomb, but all they did was form another alliance to ease the tension. That won't work for long. But no worries, they have 8. It doesn't matter. Ovi smart enough to catch on, but seems out of his element.

Kemi, the black girl, continues to play horribly. Sorry man. However, mean girls are good at creating chaos to survive. So I won't totally underestimate her. She's probably been working people for a long time and once she's on the block, the backstabbing should flare right up.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

And you guys are wondering why I root for everybody black on this show. Jack and Jackson have already been warned by production for what they keep saying about Kemi and David. It's ridiculous.. Say what you want about Kemi's game play, but David has only been in the house half a day and they are all irrationally threatened by his presence.

From what I've seen David is ultra nice and really even-tempered and still they go in with the comments.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I understand it. I get it. I just hope one day we get past it. Kemi and David seem like nice people. Judging people by the color of their skin, who they love, where they were born or who they worship should be a thing of the past... but alas it often feels like we're regressing as a society. I'm sorry people have to deal with this shite in this day and age and you would hope that casting would be able to field a cast without such prejudiced people.

Upside is Jack and Jackson will be gone soon because people will see them as a threat and send them out the backdoor... or at least we can hope.

I'm pulling for Bella and Nicole. From the little i've seen they seem like OK people.

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Racism is alive in many, many forms. No matter our beliefs, we have to stop making things about color. It doesn't progress anything.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

you sure? seems like potentially the worst cast of all time

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I am rooting for David. He seems like a nice person and pretty smart. I hope he can get back in the game.

Lurch likes this.
  18. body slam

body slam Member

Pulling for Sam for now. He's a little annoying but seems like a good person.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Can’t stand Nick. Seems like the guy that hasn’t mentally advanced past the age of 15.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy