1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What If Colleges Used Only Test Scores to Fill Campuses?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jun 23, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He was a pundit. He didn't contribute much to the academic community and never backed his assertions with any studies published.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

LOL, I guess that is your stance against any educated person you don’t agree with. Funny how what he said in the 1980’s proved dead on, almost as if he was a profit. But keep relying on the left and keep going further and further left while expecting something better.

And yes, he backs his assertions with tons of studies and statistics. Read his books or listen to his speeches, its not hard to find.

3. fchowd0311

Show me his published peer reviewed content.

His content was for lay people. He did no research and was not a sociologist. He didn't analyze data and just stated conjecture and normative claims.

#63 fchowd0311, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  4. crash5179

His published books are easy to find. Do your own work. By the way, he is an economist not a sociologist.

5. fchowd0311

His claims were in the field of sociology. His books were for lay people. He understood as an educated black man, a portion of the country wanted to hear a credible black man agree with their takes. The original Candece Owens. He didn't do actual research to contribute to the field of economics or sociology.

He also delves in to climate science conspiracy theories. He's a straight ticket right wing meme generator. Anything you agree with, he agrees with because wants you to buy his ****.

6. crash5179

Seriously? To disagree with the man is one thing but to claim he just makes crap up and writes it down is out of bounds. Do your research first. By the way, you seriously discredited yourself.

7. fchowd0311

Show me any actual research he has published to the academic community. Anything peer reviewed? Go ahead.

His early work before he was a partisan hacks grifter was reputable. He was a very intelligent person.

8. crash5179

His early works before he was a partisan hack grifter? You’re transparent.

You clearly know nothing but thanks for playing. And stop asking me to do your work, do it yourself.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is almost unbearable to read. Jesus Christ.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I see he's gotten away from bringing up Diffy Q's. He's just trying to show off with this kind of rhetoric.

Yawn.

11. fchowd0311

You can always educate me.

Isn't Sowell just a pundit? Has he really contributed anything to the field of economics? Doesn't he have very vocal opinions of stuff outside his lane such as climate science?

His claims about social wellfare are all normative aren't they? It's not like he did actual peer reviewed research on the subject matter.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The single parent black household rate has been several times the single parent white household rate since the 1800's. Does Thomas Sowell know that? Sowell is like the academic version of Candace Owens. Gershwin once played in Harlem? Convinced.

Give me a break with this welfare and feminist stuff. Jesus Christ.

#72 CometsWin, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  13. crash5179

Of course he knows that and he addresses that but you would never know if you don’t read or listen to him. I guess you think white privilege sneaks into the homes of black families and causes the parents to divorce or young girls to have children out of wedlock when they are just teens.

Just because you don’t like the messenger doesn’t mean it’s not true. You and I both know what he says is true, it just doesn’t align with the political party you have aligned yourself with.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't buy into documented history? I usually enjoy reading your take, but I am not sure there is a point in discussion if you are going to ignore documented history.

There are countless studies backing up all of this.

15. fchowd0311

Why you quit your defense of your boy Sowell?

I asked for contributions he made towards the field of economics. What peer reviewed studies have contributed.

You're leaving your boy hanging. I just marred his pristine reputation. Is he also a climate scientist? I've delved into his education, and I don't see any advanced math or science education but he seems to have a lot to say about climate science.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well, this thread turned into a dumpster fire real quick... I'm gonna just watch for a bit....

17. fchowd0311

Aren't you used to contributing to dumpster fire threads?

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. crash5179

You provided zero peered reviewed research therefor nothing you say is relevant.

Thomas Sowell has more credentials than you could hope to acquire during the remainder of your life. The only thing you marred is your own intelligence, which is to say is low to none. Do your own work and stop being lazy.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

What did he say in the 80's that proved to be correct?

20. biff17

biff17 Member

Pot meet kettle.