1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstonians coming home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jun 26, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Let's say we find a way to get Jimmy Butler, that would give us 2 Houston born players with Danuel House under contract. Who else is from Houston? DeAndre Jordan, who probably wouldn't mind coming home from the veteran minimum to play starting center on a clear contender. Gerald Green I am sure wouldn't mind sitting on that bench on another veteran minimum contract.

Now speaking of Houstonians, I am sure former players will count as such if they played hard enough and did something special. Patrick Beverley is your man! There have been talks he'd like a reunion and if we have some exception due to trade / taxpayer / MLE then I am sure with Jimmy here alongside CP3 and Harden that Beverley wouldn't mind signing that for one year.

I know this is all out there, but it could all happen, which would give us 5 guys from Houston and who better to bring home that title? Plus a roster looking like this, who wouldn't say AYE!?

CP3 / Beverley
    Harden / Gerald Green
    Butler / House
    Tucker / Faried*
    DJ / Nene

* I am assuming he won't mind playing on a contender for the minimum either ;)

LUK3, JuNx, alcatrazpsycho and 3 others like this.
  2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Jimmy Butler was born in TOMBALL not Houston!!

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This joke is getting old

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

DJ starting center? No, thanks. We can, however, be a backup center. We don't need a traditional center (unless it's Gobert), we need a lengthy stretch 4 who can be in the small ball lineup.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

not sure any of that is possible unless an Opt-In and trade scenario happens. But it would be nice for all of our H-town players to put on that ketchup and mustard

6. rockets13champs

All Houston team

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol there goes that vet min for DJ again @J.R.

napalm06, snowconeman22 and J.R. like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

House would probably be lost unless he is ok playing for the Qualifying Offer.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

It will happen if Tilman can pay tax

10. King901

King901 Member

All the money out there and DJ will play here for the vet min?????? Didn’t ariza show us that money matters last year?

waytookrzy079 and sjackson0 like this.
  11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

dude, Jordan will not play for the Vet Min lol He's 30....You'd be lucky if he accepts the MLE from anyone and I doubt that too.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Pat is my one of my favorite Rockets ever. I believe that ship has sailed. He's looking to get paid. Maybe he'll come here in his twilight after he grabs the bag.

Williamson likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This. This is likely Bev's last chance at a big contract and I don't see him passing it up. Nor do I think he should. He should be willing to go to a terrible team if that's where the money is. He's not a guy who is going to be getting endorsement deals after his ride in the NBA is over. It's now or never for Beverley.

Now, if by some chance the MLE is the best he's offered, I'd think we'd stand as good a chance as anyone. But I think he'll get more. Bobby Marks reported he believes Bev could command as much as 14-15 million per year.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Victorious

Victorious Member

He has said before he will pay it if it's worth it. He was willing to trade for Butler this past season, that shows he was ok with paying tax. Since we stuck out and there were no other Butler like trade upgrades to be had, they chose to go under the tax

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I mean, people saying cities outside of Houston being Houston is getting old.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Greater Houston metropolitan area. It isn't that complicated.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

Tomball, Katy, the Woodlands, Baytown are not Houston. You'll never convince me or sane people of it. You can say they are near Houston or Houston suburbs but they are their own cities.

charlieaustin likes this.
  18. brosef

brosef Member

You don’t get out much....

napalm06 and fallenphoenix like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

Why should I leave Houston to visit the burbs? For Bucees?

20. brosef

brosef Member

If you believe those outer suburbs are not part of the major city they are tied to then it leads me to believe you don’t travel to other large cities either. Which is why I said you don’t get out much. Try venturing outside 610 from time to time.

napalm06 and D-rock like this.