1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler > Capela & Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 26, 2019.

?

Are you ok with losing Gordon & Capela to add Butler?

1. I'm fine with it.

65 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No, it would be a mistake.

29 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Not sure

27 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think we will be able to pay him after next year anyway

Rocket River

2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If Jordan can join, it is fine

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Gordon a lot, and I would hate to trade him. However, Butler's talent
    exceeds his by far. If Gordon was
    4 inches taller and if he wasn't slowing down, he wouldn't be on the trading block.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, absolutely

give me Jimmy Butler over EG and Capela, especially in the playoffs

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think it’s obvious the best route for the rockets is if butler opts in. But how can you be so sure he’ll opt in even if he wants to come here? Sure we did it with CP3 and there’s credibility now that we followed through. But how can you be so sure he’ll opt in still? The last report had him taking a meeting in FA with the rockets. If he’s taking meeting in FA then he’ll have to opt out to become a FA. He can’t go back and opt in after the fact.

It sounds more and more like he wants his max and to go into FA. That’s the only reason why this board is talking about Gordon and Capela and the hard cap situation, and why Bima is explaining how much room we have in a hard cap situation. It sounds like that’s the only scenario we’re dealing with now.

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I may get roasted for this, but why arent we looking at Tobias Harris instead of Jimmy Cricket? Jimmy seems to have rubbed alot of people the wrong way everywhere he as been, and Tobias in my opinion would help with scoring, and sure up the PF postion and help rebounding which we need. Look at their numbers, Tobia has been legit his whole career and never heard of him being a cancer in the locker room. Just saying, he would be a better fit here.
    https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/jimmy_butler_vs_tobias_harris.htm

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with this. But you really have to be able to replace him. Is DeAndre Jordan willing to give his hometown team a discount? Can Dedmon or Cauley-Stein be had for cheap? Somebody reasonably good to very good needs to be available if we're to go this route.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He'd have to want to come here though. Jimmy Butler is apparently tight with Harden and he's from Tomball. The Rockets can only get him if he requests to be traded to Houston. I don't see any reason Harris would do that (and it appears Morey isn't interested anyway).

9. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

For those (including myself) concerned about gutting the rotation in the event of the rumored sign-and-trade, keep in mind that the Rockets would not necessarily be constrained by the hard cap after the 2019-2020 season. I think you have to consider the possibilities not only for this upcoming season, but also the 3 or so seasons following.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Victorious

Victorious Member

So whats the best offer we can give PHI for Butler?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i don't really know, but if i have to guess, i think DeAndre might be willing to come here for the MLE if he can start. For the minimum like others are suggesting eh, i don't think so.

#31 Vivi, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  12. Mr. Space City

Of course. Not like we won anything this year with them anyways.

If there is a way you can get a prime atheltic 3 & D small forward that can shoot, pass, dribble, defend, rebound, and create his own shot, that you can pair with cp3 and harden, then you jump on that and worry about filling what we lost for him later.

Denovo likes this.
  13. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I think the only way we should get Butler is if CP goes out. We need depth

14. PWR

PWR Member

Depends on who you replace Capela with. MLE plays a major role.

Examples...
    Butler, Taj Gibson(MLE), Hartenstein
    VS
    Gordon, Capela, Nene

OR

Butler, Robin Lopez(MLE), Hartenstein
    VS
    Gordon, Capela, Nene

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, I'm really surprised at the results of this one. I really don't like giving up both for Butler.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only no but h*** no. Get a player to add to what we have to replace Shump. Throw in House and some other G-League guys.

17. rocks123

rocks123 Member

losing EG will suck. i really wish we could keep him. we dont even have enough scoring option off the bench.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans have forgotten that most of the time, for most of the NBA, your best player is barely a top 15 player.

To have a top 3, a top 10 and a top 20 is a dream. Of course. Of course you go for Butler and take a risk on being able to fill out the roster.

#38 Mathloom, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Mr. Space City likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nerlens Noel
    Kevon Looney
    Lucas Nogueira
    Jarred Vanderbuilt

Some other cheaper options.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You gain aspects of the game, you lose other aspects of the game.