1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] THE MATRIX 4 : Resurrections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

would be great to see things from the machines point of view and have them as protagonists. much like what they did with the new planet of the apes. and still have tom cruise star in it.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Well....a theory I really like is 'Smith is The One'...and if it's true, then we did see it from the Machines' POV.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kids born in 1999 are now 20
    They may or may not have seen or cared about the original Matrix
    so
    They can get their money

Rocket River
    I just hate reboots that are less than 10 yrs old

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Interesting theory. Still think neo is the one though because that oracle would have to be lying and she doesn't seem the type to lie. Another film theory I liked is the two guys who have been making videos saying the Snowpiercer is the sequel to willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. There are some really interesting points of connection right down to the clothing of the characters and classic music.

#24 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The directors of "The Matrix" went from King Midas to Black Sheep Midas with every film they released since (well, actually, one of them went from King to Queen, but forgive the tasteless joke). So they would have to recapture lightning in a bottle.

I still kick myself for not seeing Matrix in the movie theater.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Original? Lol come on man... Mindless popcorn entertainment. Let’s not get carried away.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So what movie is just like Endgame?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You’re trying to say a movie featuring the same cast of characters everybody has seen, the same villain everybody has seen, with multiple action set pieces that generally look the same as the other comic book movies is new and fresh? Yes...the scale was bigger than others, but seriously? It’s literally like the 22nd Marvel movie. Lmao.

Man....see what Hollywood has done? People don’t even recognize actual originality anymore.

Yung-T and RudyTBag like this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As with Predator where you cant replicate the unintentional awesome of Arnold's "Get to da choppa!", you will never be able to replicate the magic of Keanu's deadpan, "I know kung fu..." line. Remaking this film is a quixotic endeavor.

CometsWin, J Sizzle, BigM and 3 others like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't give a damn. I love the original so much that if there is a chance that these are good Ill take it.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Literally every Marvel movie...

Yung-T and J Sizzle like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Both films are classics, never to be surpassed by stupid remake attempts. Making the effort merely illustrates the innate soullessness of those involved. Die Hard is another film that would have been better served standing alone, unsullied by the sequels.

Speaking of the Unsullied, how did they keep reproducing themselves? No matter how many were bumped off, thousands remained and it was never explained. That was freakin' weird.

#33 Deckard, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    arkoe likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I kind of enjoyed that Ryan Gosling Bladerunner though. :eek:

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It was good, but nothing can top the original. The second film was supposed to be followed by at least one more. While the sequel made money, mostly overseas, it didn't make a lot. I haven't heard if another will ever be made.

BigM and Torn n Frayed like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How do you fell about the Terminators?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Terminator? The original? I almost included it in my post. I feel the same way about it. "I'll be back." Classic Arnold. The 1st sequel was good, but unneeded, in my opinion. Why tinker with perfection? That's how I feel about all those films.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Can you dig it?

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bigger budget to make things go boom and in the case of T2, it far and away surpassed the original. Sara Conners story was written very well.
    I agree with you on most sequels eating a fat one, but in cases like The Terminator series, it was worth it.

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I remember going with a couple of friends to the theater in Spring AMC over of Holzwarth in 1999. We went to tons of movies back then, probably one a week. We weren't particularly pumped. We had seen some of the strange previews, and it was the new movie out that week, so it was up on the rotation. I remember being blown away in the theater. The twist about the Matrix being a computer program, the twist about Neo getting sucked out of the Matrix and put on the ship...total surprise. It was a truly spoiler free experience with no previous expectations on what type of movie it would be.

I think that is perhaps why it had such an impact. It was a total surprise and the hype hadn't hit yet. No word of mouth yet. Still one of my all time favorite movies and it holds up even today.

The next two sequels fell a little flat for me, but both have some amazing scenes. I still love the freeway chase and fight scene. I worry a new one may dilute the original even more.

arkoe, Yung-T and likestohypeguy like this.