1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I honestly think we just need a decent offensive SF to add to the team. And not get rid of a fringe All-star C and 18 ppg backup SG to get Jimmy.. But I do like the thought of calling the 2 Jimmies " Double Penetration" ....

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

hard capped.

3. biff17

biff17 Member

AD is not a center.

He dominated Gobert last year this year he was sick and their stats where pretty even.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

2 yard line

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

What a hard choice to make, I think both are right. He is a top 15 guy, and certainly is a top Wing. More than anything, is a threat from everywhere and loves to compete. Is as moody as the other 2 stars we have(I say that as a moody person), so maybe it works in that sense.

And we are giving up half of the current nucleus. And we are underrating Capela based on what he can do against one team, a very good one. We still have to beat the other 28 teams guys, remember that come next season.

As for me, count me on the Butler side of this debate. I have loved Capela's game ever since he got here, and I defend him all the time, but he still owes us that final step. And Ego has been realiable on all the battles we have had with the Warriors these 2 years. But damn, if you believe you are getting the queen you give up the pawn.

BaselineFade and mike2k132 like this.
  6. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

YOU HATE TO SEE IT

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Here's one thing that has to be said....I still think this is not likely but definitely now possible. The reason being, you have to know that Harden and CP have reached out too Jimmy assessing his desire to be a Rocket. Ofc his insta stories are interesting but this is more than just "unlikely" now

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

On the undercard...

The Career Revenge Rematch: Ralph vs Jerry Sichting

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

And you know What? Let's not forget that another super team is teaming up in LA and with a big man on the Roster, planning for that maybe something to consider on all this dealing.

I dont think Capela has been excellent defending AD, but he has been good attacking AD. At least on my memory, what do you guys think about this?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Getting Butler would be vital for this team, not only because it would add another star in his prime, but also cause that would instantly extend our window. Even if Chris keeps getting worse, if you have Harden and Butler locked in for few years you can still build around them and be good enough to compete.

11. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

TURD BROWN DELIVERS

FIREWORKS INDEED

JoeBarelyCares, lilbird20 and Rasheed like this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m really on the fence when it comes to a S&T. I want to keep Capela.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hell, while we are at it...We can have a Hakeem vs Billy Paultz AND Mitch Kupchak cage match.

Deckard and topfive like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's a guard-driven league these days. With the current rules, I'd take the Rox as is over the Lakers. With Butler it's no contest.

fryjol7 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

When u say attacking AD, u mean via the PnR with Harden right? To that I’d say that many bigs are capable of looking good running PnR with James, and if Clint hasn’t even been great defending AD then...

fryjol7 likes this.
  16. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

17. rockets13champs

Astros playing in Boston ? Or Houston?

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Can someone explain how Shumpert works in a sign and trade? Can’t we keep Capela if we resign Shumpert and trade him?

19. rockets13champs

WINDHORST AT SEA!!!

Tfor3 and Rasheed like this.
  20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Pirates at Houston