1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

easily

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Boston gets Capela

Philly gets Marcus Smart, NeNe, houston 1st and a 1st from Boston and Atlantas 2nd.

Houston gets Butler

3. RocketsFanBrian

Apparently Ainge is at the Astros game tonight, potential third team?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

get a legitimate star next to Harden and push CP down to being the 3rd wheel which is where he belongs at this point in his career

the upgrade from EG to Jimmy is huge, and as long as a big has any sort of common sense in the PnR and can finish, they will look good next to Harden

the most important thing would be if the new big can also defend the rim and rebound at a good level, but I’d rather have the issue of trying to replace Capela than the issue of having Harden plus a bunch of inconsistent role players

5. biff17

biff17 Member

How would that work they have no cap room and no assets.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

The punk is probably just there to start a fight.

7. thekad

thekad Member

In the playoffs against the top teams with AD, Jokic, Gobert and Nurkic? You’d rather have Tucker getting manhandled than Capela who has actually outplayed Gobert?

No, it doesn’t make the Rockets better, locks them into a bad contract and loses their only good young player.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

One of the only reasons Philly was able to push Toronto to a game 7 and only lost by the luckiest bounce in NBA history was Butler running the PnR and taking over PG duty.

This would be great for us. honestly anyone that can get the ball out of Harden's hand half of the time is great for the team. If you want to play next to Harden, you gotta be able to Iso and run the PnR like him.

Reeko likes this.
  9. realonemo

realonemo Member

If butler wants to come here then Philly should do it. Gordon >>>>Reddick. Plus JJ gonna cost them a lot to keep. They could always flip Gordon later.

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He wouldn't be playing for those teams lol..... He goes to them and they trade him here.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

We need to send Mario Elie down there. Unfinished business.

Offer Ainge a deal he can’t refuse.

12. realonemo

realonemo Member

I swear I came up with the same trade in my head. Lmao.

BigMaloe and Lurch like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Capela does not do well against Nurkic nor AD, he didn't even do that well against Gobert this year. If anything he's a liabiity against most good centers in the league. The only one he does well against is Jokic, but that's mainly because Denver does not know how to defend Harden PnR as a team

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If that could get it done you do that deal as fast as you can.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Never said he is not replaceable.

Jordan would be a step down he is not as good defensively and he does not have the motor to rim run like Capela does.

My issue is saying he is easily replaced he does a lot that does not show up in the box scores and a lot that does.

16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

He hasn’t had a towel thrown in his face in a while, and he misses the sensation.

RocketWalta, topfive and Patience like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I predict by Jan 1st, most CF fans will say "I wish we had a big like Capela.. At least Capela would blah blah blah".

CK Johnson, jcf, Williamson and 3 others like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, u act like we won’t add a big to the roster after losing Capela. Idk who that player will be, but Morey will obviously do something. And sorry, give me Jimmy Butler in the playoffs over EG+Capela. It’s not even close in my eyes. Give me someone that I can count on to pick up the slack when Harden is struggling or CP ain’t got it. It most certainly makes the Rockets better. They’re losing their only good young player in order to add to a top 15 player and 2-way star.

lilbird20, Pat, Possum and 1 other person like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

if we don’t get Jimmy we’ll be wishing we had a player like him, especially in the playoffs

saleem likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Well I suppose we can all wish.