1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the lineup when everyone is healthy.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockbox, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yes. They are different sports. Someone compared Correa’s career to G. Hill’s career. I was merely stating how they aren’t comparable.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yet you went on to compare them.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Only by saying they aren’t comparable when another poster said they were. So, no.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This.
    Except I would say Springer (1). It seems such a natural fit for me that it would never change.

5. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Springer
    Bregman
    Altuve
    Alvarez
    Correa
    Brantley
    Gurriel
    Chirinos
    Reddick

I want Alvarez to have protection with Correa and Brantley behind him. If you put Gurriel behind Alvarez they will pitch around him all day.

6. HTown2017Champs

Definitely want to see 1B addressed this deadline to add some more pop. I'd go after Smoak (assuming he's healthy again soon), based on the market I think a AAAA pitcher or two would do it. TOR wants pitching, and they love our AAAA guys (not to mention it helps clear our logjam). Pretty high on him, excellent pop, defense, and OBP, I think his numbers would go up in a stronger lineup. And good career stats vs the Yankees, FWIW.
    As for "somebody from the OF learning 1B," I think the reason we won't see that is because it looks like Beer is being groomed to be our first baseman starting 2021. Once he was promoted to Corpus, he's been playing 1B almost exclusively outside a few DH days. I'd imagine his defense has to have improved if he's been playing there this often for a while. Started off with a few errors in his first few games, but I think he has a nice error-less streak going. Anyone who's actually watched their games, and not just read the box scores, please comment on how his defense at first base looks.

7. Buck Turgidson

Yep, in games that were 12-0, 14-1, and 9-1. He played 3 innings in those 3 games, guess which innings?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

3rd?

Buck Turgidson and Major like this.
  9. Jeremy Williams

CF Springer
    3B Bregman
    2B Altuve
    DH Alvarez
    LF Brantley
    SS Correa
    C Chirinos