1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

He had a very poor post-season (one that cost us the 2nd round against GS) but I struggle to understand the imperative to move him so soon. He's locked into a team-friendly contract and he's only 24 years old. He's incredibly efficient, a solid low-post defender, and we lack any cap flexibility to adequately replace his impact on the floor.

He completely schooled Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns last post-season. It seems that Draymond is his kryptonite, but with GS's dynasty in peril I honestly don't view them as that big of a threat anymore.

I'd love to see him continue to grow under CP3 and Harden. If we add Butler, we will have a serious squad. Anyone else agree?

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

na. replaceable.

LUK3, cerophilik, TRIQSTER and 7 others like this.
  3. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

He’s really good and really important against every team not named the Warriors.. and the Warriors fit isn’t relevant anymore

eliefor3 likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

With who? We are already rail-thin under the rim as is.

Williamson likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm still high on Clint, he's a very good role player and still kinda young, i wouldn't move him unless it's necessary to get an all star caliber player.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Clint is good, no doubt, but if he has to go in order to bring Jimmy Butler here then BYE

he is ultimately replaceable

LUK3, RocketRed84, allanivan and 5 others like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

The newsletter I'm reading tells me we'll never win a championship with him on our roster.

8. theimpossibles1

Before GS series I was totally riding his nuts.

After, can't stand him. Showed his true pathetically weak mind. Dude seriously looked like he got 'mon-starred.'

He gone.

9. R=$

R=$ Member

Yes! He is still growing as a player and has improved each year. The org. Let him down without a viable backup.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Bacterial and viral infections are tough to get over. Even when those infections are gone, it takes time to feel full strength again. I lose 10 lbs during a stomach virus that may last a week, but it takes 2 months to regain that weight.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He needs to eat more spinach come crunch time, but a good player and a good heart.

12. smp

smp Member

13. anchel

anchel Member

Difficult situation, CBA paradox. We have to give gim in order to get Butler, but I bet we don't give him for free. Morey is not "getting rid of him", he knows he's very good, so stay calm.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still like Clint. If Clint is moved, we will all be on here in a year wondering why the Rockets let him go like we do Montrezl now.

15. Garner

Garner Member

Yea. The board feels short sited so willing to dump a young guy who has improved every year, buys into the team, and does precisely what is asked of him.

Jimmy Chitwood likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Ask the other teams if they high on Capela. If we don't get Jimmeh, I blame Capela for team-killing again. He already did it this season, he was the MVP for the Warriors. In the series against the Warriors, he had 3 blocks not 1 game, but all 6 games with just 3 blocks. I think Klay had 2 blocks for the series probaly 1 against Capela. I'll be high on Capela when the season starts, but he needs to be more manly.

LUK3, cerophilik, RichieBanks and 2 others like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or are you just high?

don grahamleone and Game7 like this.
  18. beardsanity713

TBH Harden can make any big look good.. I think Capela has peaked as a player & is replaceable... All these years with Dream & he has no offensive game?
    Plus im kinda salty he trashed talked GSW & was a no show..

LUK3, solid, rhee and 5 others like this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

With who exactly?

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

nerlens noel

RocketRed84 and CXbby like this.