1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

I don't think that's a direct quote from woj, OP. That tweet did a pretty poor job paraphrasing what was said.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was smiling the entire time watching this

Will my Rockets-related prayers get answered? Should I get my hopes up? Bring him home!!!!

bballjunkie, Tfor3, Kornel87 and 2 others like this.
  3. TheSource

TheSource Member

only would do this if he opts in and does it Eric Gordon and Capela > Butler imo

4. Rudy

Rudy Member

Woj already tweeted, check that out instead (posted on 1st page)

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Gordon and 2 1sts for Butler. I wouldn't trade Capela, I'm still pretty high on him and he can net other assets down the line.

seeingred, Tfor3, RocketRed84 and 6 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah...Jimmy is easily our best shot at putting a star next to Harden, and the Rockets need to get this done by any means necessary

Butler>>>>EG, and we can find another C that Harden can make look good

a core of Harden, Butler, CP, and Tuck...I’m ready to go to war with that...EG and Clint can go with no hesitation

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So Capela and Gordon would be gone correct?

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

******* it....I dont want this **** to end up like melo's situation. If the Sixers dont corporate it dont mean ****.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I think just Gordon and picks

10. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

he not worth losing 2 starters just for him id rather keep Gordon and capela rather that lose both because u not getting that big of an upgrade with jimmy if u upgrade at all losing clint and gordon shooting and a young big man

macho GRANDE and everyday eddie like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I tried so hard not to, but I’ve officially gotten my hopes up now...Jimmy Butler to HOU smoke is too heavy right now

Will I ultimately be disappointed? Maybe, but hope is now alive in me.

12. Rudy

Rudy Member

From the article:

The Rockets don't have the salary-cap space to sign Butler, so they'd need the threat of the Sixers losing him for nothing to a team with the available room to motivate the Sixers into a trade.

The Rockets would also potentially need to make this a multi-team deal to satisfy the rules of Base Year Compensation that would cover Butler's outgoing salary.

If the Sixers were to lose Butler in free agency -- and were in position to keep Harris and Redick -- it is possible that the Sixers could simply want the payroll flexibility and dismiss the potential idea of a sign-and-trade scenario for Butler.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Expecting more details to come

Vivi likes this.
  14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

What if we only gotta get rid of one of
    Gordon/capela not necessarily both... what’s jimmys opt in amount? Maybe sending Gordon out with shump and a pick to a 3rd team or something in that nature...

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

apparently because of base year issues with butler's new contract, we would have to involve a third team. i think we'd have to demand extra compensation from whoever is getting capela. i'm all for landing butler, but we might as well trade capela tomorrow for better assets and then package part of those with ego to philly

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

“The Rockets would also potentially need to make this a multiteam deal to satisfy the rules of Base Year Compensation that would cover Butler's outgoing salary.”

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re trippin

EG to Butler is a huge upgrade, and Clint is good, but Harden can elevate the play of many big men...I’d rather have to deal with acquiring a big that can rebound and defend at a good level than have to deal with the problem of trying to acquire a star level player to put next to James

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Woj said the Rockets need the Sixers to be worried Butler might go to a third team and lose him for nothing

Mr Chuck Norris and JuNx like this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i think itd only have to be gordon and picks for jimmy. salaries i think are within range for a 1 for 1. someone correct me if im wrong.

tochiee22 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

@BimaThug would be possible to match Butler salary in a sign & trade by just moving one between Gordon and Capela, plus Nene and the minimum contracts we have on the roster?

tochiee22 likes this.