1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

More pitiful than the organization who cleared KD to play in the finals when he clearly had no business playing all so he could sacrifice his health for the increased chance of winning a title?

Deuce, AB423, roslolian and 1 other person like this.
  3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The hate is real TBH for Harden... If Harden didnt win last year, he likely would have never won an NBA MVP. And here is the dirty secret, during Harden's MVP season, voters were already eyeing Kawhi Leonard or Anthony Davis at the start of that year.

Insert any of the other Top 5 players in the NBA, Lebron, KD, Kawhi, AD, or Curry with the STATS that Harden dropped this year, and they would 10/10 times win the MVP. Harden unfortunately will never be considered again of the trophy, especially if he doesnt win a title.

Glad Harden wasnt around for this garbage.

slothy420, derp, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

It's quite petty of the Rockets to do that, just congratulate Giannis. It's a media award and we've heard enough in the media already about how great Harden is. Through Tad, James himself, MDA, CP3, Morey. Enough is enough!!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For all I care Harden can have 3-4 regular season awards or all of them.

We know what is more important.

Maybe by talking 'I know what I need to do' he is taking off 20 games and preparing himself for the playoffs like a certain Kawhi?

Homey the Clown likes this.
  6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Petty stuff from the Rockets.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

We all know Giannis would win MVP when Harden choked in their matchup, it's too bad but it is what it is. Also the best player of the best record seems to have a leg up on winning MVP so it's not a surprise Giannis would win.

Harden has an uphill battle winning MVP because people just don't like his playstyle, if he is gonna win MVP like he did last year it has to be a landslide victory like last season. There can't be a discussion or argument about it.

P.S. I'm not that cool with the Rockets protest seems like a b**** move complaining about it when the winner has been decided. When Hakeem got robbed he didn't complain, he dominated the Admiral and made him into the Mermaid in the playoffs. It's not Giannis' fault the media is biased towards him don't ruin his night by protesting over a media award SMH. It lacks class and furthers the belief the Rockets whine over everything instead of doing something about it.

RockingRox likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I always like the player's mvp award. way more fitting. this media mvp is dog and pony. the players always know

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m so close to giving up on the NBA

10. DLX94

DLX94 Member

We're just as thin skinned as KD. A simple congratulations to Giannis would have sufficed.

11. Homey the Clown

Wack move by Rockets twitter. He didn't win. Move on. Let Giannis have his shine. This is one of the growing reasons why the Rockets aren't well liked.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Maybe He'll fake an injury sit the season and demand a trade.

13. Handles

Handles Member

I’m disappointed in anyone who actually watched the show. Even between commercials of other shows is giving it too much attention imo. I didn’t even watch when harden won (though I watched his “speech” afterwards).

daywalker02, BigMaloe and rocketman84 like this.
  14. Possum

Possum Member

MVP is a joke now. Good for the Rockets for calling it out. Harden did things never before done. Gianus is a great athlete but MVP? Sorry nope. Who would you rather have the ball in his hand at the end of a game?

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Via the Ringer:
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...ers-2019-nba-awards-giannis-mvp-harden-doncic

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It wasn't a discussion because people decided in November or December that there would be no discussion.

What a fraud.

Decades from now, people who are less partisan will look back at this and be like "what?"

J Sizzle and Possum like this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

There’s only one award I care about now and they don’t announce it or vote on it.

Go GET that one.

durvasa likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

@warriorsworld: What a ****ing pitiful organization

-@KevinDurantAchillesTendon

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member