1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 20, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Time for White to be exited from the scene. Maybe he is the "fall" guy, but somebody has got to get the blame for this atrosity of a losing streak. Timely hitting, timely hitting, timely hitting.....

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I was hoping the Astros would win before the losing (streak) became "a thing".

It IS firmly "a thing" now.

Hope it ends soon.

[​IMG]

Surfguy and Houstunna like this.
  4. Stros66

Stros66 Member

According to bobrek White so much better than Bregman.

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Stros are 6 for 44 when RISP.

6. Stros66

Stros66 Member

They need to get back to playing their division.

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like Tyler White, but not having a better option at 1B/utility/Marwin is clearly hurting this team. He’s got to hit or he shouldn’t be on the roster. His days are numbered and I’m sure he knows it.

8. HTown2017Champs

I love Tony Kemp, but I wish he could have been sent down instead of Jack Mayfield. Him available at SS would be great for our infield defense.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Rangers won

lead down to 6.5

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why are you concerned about it? You think he's going to cool down. He's pretty much hitting his average at all levels of the minors. He's been incredibly consistent in his career.

11. SemisolidSnake

We're not even at the halfway point of the season. I think it's a little premature to worry about overall record. The only thing I'd be concerned about at this point is team-vs-team records, since that's the first tiebreaker in home-field-advantage scenarios.

That is actually a concern right now, though. Tomorrow is the last game this season against the Yankees, a team that is basically matching us in record and will definitely be in the playoffs. The season series is 3-3 now, so tomorrow's game will indeed determine HFA between those two in case of a tie in record at the end of the season.

The Astros do currently have a winning record against every team except Minnesota (3-4, too late) and Tampa bay (1-3, 3 more games).

Sources:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/playoff-tiebreaker-rules/c-59527184
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/grid
    https://www.mlb.com/astros/schedule/2019/fullseason

RocketJedi, Marteen, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is a lie. Bobrek just posted June stats. I believe the reason he posted it was to show that White isn't why the Astros are struggling in June. If you took what he posted as White being better than Bregman, that is on you. A player playing better than another for a short period of time does not equal being a better player.

PavlovsDog likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Astros in their current dynastic phase have always had a lull in summer like this.

The most important point to take home is that Yordan is passing the eye test and every other test with flying colors. On a team with as many studs as we have, Yordan has potential to be the best of them all. He’s got a fantastic eye, is patient working counts, plays within himself always content to draw the walk or hit a single if that’s what’s given...but unlike the others this guy has easy 50HR potential. We haven’t had that sort of guy since Berkman—maybe 13yrs ago when I last felt that way about a hitter. After this weekend the Yankees fans will learn to fear his name. The W-L of this series is meaningless: come September, we will be the ones who knock.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So, when do they drop Fat White Shark, and bring up Ted!? I don't care about the IF/OF thing. We need that bat!

15. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Nope, I’m just a fan who is unable to watch his favorite sports team play every game as some days I’m busy and others I don’t feel like going through the process of finding a reddit stream that works (I’m not in market).

That being said, I love being able to get on here before bed every night because IMO there are a lot of very knowledgeable fans on this board (you generally are a pretty good fan if you’re posting on a message board). Many if not most of which are more dedicated and/or more knowledgeable than myself.

It annoys me that I basically just don’t get on here when we’re in a slump and have lost X amount of games in a row because it’s hard to sift through all the posts that are worthless/ridiculous, many of which infer or explicitly state we suck, we have so many holes, etc. Meanwhile, the last I checked we have the 2nd best odds to win the AL with no team even close behind us in third. There’s SO many more posts when we’re losing vs. winning...I would love for someone to do an analysis on the # of posts in game threads for series we won vs. series we lost).

So if that makes me a holier than thou fan pretentiously judging everyone else, then so be it. But here’s the real truth...I’m not judging everyone, only some and I’ve got to say you’re at the top of that list. If I was asked the question “Who is the most negative poster on the Astros board?” I wouldn’t even have to think about it.

arkoe likes this.
  16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Astros just making the season interesting, gonna be alright.

Or not :eek:

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This just means we’re more likely to win the division by 15 than 20. But 20 is still in play imo.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Get over yourself. You can easily put me on ignore. Yes very much “holier than thou”.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  19. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Realistically injuries are hurting our team. White wouldn’t be playing otherwise.

We do have a better option at 1B/utility/Martin, it’s Diaz. It’s unfortunate he is hurt but that’s baseball. Many players get more playing time than they may ordinarily deserve due to injuries.

If we had been injury free, I doubt White is on the roster now as we would probably still have brought up Alvarez when we did. As such, when we do get our injured guys back, we will more than likely get rid of White then.

20. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Was thinking about this last night. Bregman at third might’ve saved us 2+ runs yesterday.

HTown2017Champs likes this.