1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Rebrand Idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chad Butler, Jun 21, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What are you arguing for?

The Rockets are a two time championship franchise. They take the lead in this town. Astros are just Johnny-come-lately's who hired a wife beater to try to win even though they have a 'zero tolerance' policy. That's a second fiddle move. The Rockets are the class of Houston.

2. rockets13champs

I was responding to the comment before me. I hate the Astros. **** them. I was talking about HOW HOUSTON CANT USE THE SAME COLOR SCHEME FOR ALL TEAMS. Each team already has their own legacy colors and Texans by default with the name has to always be red white and blue

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ah, thx for explaining. I agree with you all the way. (although I don't hate the Astros, I do hate violence against women more than I love the Astros though. I'm making my stance and holding fast. No Astros, No Cowboys, No Yankees even though I've cheered for all three for decades.)

D-rock likes this.
  4. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

I gotta go on my computer and try to fix it.

I see what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s that deep.

5. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Thank you, Kelly. I appreciate it. I’m just hoping they think about it in the future. Maybe when James’ time ends here. I’ll tag the artist who made these as well. I found it from another forum.

6. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Good point.

7. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Y’all be so pessimistic when it comes to Houston sports teams. It is a rebrand because I was saying they should go back to the old logo (an modern version) and different colors. That’s a rebrand sir. I explained very clearly that other teams like the Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics have just updated their branding through the years and it’s worked for the franchise. I think we should do the same.

And based on the reception of the Rockets bringing back the classic jersey, I’m sure fans would accept it and GLADLY pay their money for the jerseys and other merchandise.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Absolutely brilliant work. Bravo!

Don't listen to the whiners on this board. They have no taste when it comes to design.

I love your version of the logo. A modern rendition of a classic with updated colors, font, and elements.

My god this is exactly what I've been asking for years. Thank you!

Rockets should take lessons. This is branding 101. You're absolutely right in how you perceive brands.

The Lakers, Celtics, Knicks all have iconic brands because they have kept true to their classic design over the years with an established color palette and logo design that is simply updated to fit modern needs.

You only need to see a silhouette of these iconic brands to instantly recognize them.

Even the Warriors realized the importance of the classic design of "The City" era. After years of struggling with attempts at "modern" takes with the "Orange Knight" scheme in 1990s and 2000s, they finally went back to their classic blue and yellow colors, and tastefully incorporated " The Bay Bridge" back into their logo.

Elsewhere around the league, there has been a revival of classic designs. The Jazz went back to the Musical Notes, the Hawks returned Dominique era logo, the Bucks went Green and Cream, etc

The Rockets need to create the same thing. Ketchup and Mustard is forever going to be the Rockets color palette alongside the slanted font. This franchise needs to own it, embrace it, and stop trying create an alternate "modern" branding. All such attempts have failed whether the Angry Dildo Pajamas, the Chinese Takeout Box, or now Tilman's Mafia Black.

Richie_Rich and Chad Butler like this.
  9. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

10. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

You get it! It’s just a bad look when teams try to go far away from what their original branding has always been. That’s why I don’t went the Texans to change their uniforms now. It’s their brand and it’s synonymous with the Texans organization.

People are calling this current uniform change a rebrand and it’s not. It’s soft changes that still have one foot out the door and one foot in. If you’re gonna change the secondary logo, change the main logo. Get rid of the R and go in a different direction. Don’t try to amalgamate the two. Don’t get me wrong, the new uniforms are cool. But it could be so much better in my eyes.

Sidenote: here is the origin of the uniforms. I didn’t create them but it gave off the right vision to me.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  11. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

It’s different. We might as well! Do a green and yellow rendition of this uniform with Houston across the middle. It’s an original idea.

12. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I like these jerseys especially that astro style one.

#32 CALI_MOST_WANTD, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019