1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2019 Undrafted Free Agents thread!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 20, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

CBS
    Chris Clemons | Campbell | Sr | PG | 5-9 | 180

Strengths:
    Prolific scorer; good ball-handler; good shot-creator

Weaknesses:
    Defensive liability; sometimes overaggressive shooter

Deeper Dive:
    • Ranks third on NCAA all-time scoring list with 3,225 poi

SI
    CHRIS CLEMONS
    PG, Campbell | Senior
    Height: 5’9” | Weight: 190 | Age: 21
    After averaging 30 points per game as a senior and finishing his career as a Top 10 all-time NCAA scorer, Clemons won MVP at the Portsmouth Invitational and should be taken seriously as a two-way contract candidate. It’s not easy being a 5'9" guard, but his strength, explosiveness off the dribble and ability to play through contact help set him apart from the undersized mid-major scorers that come around annually. Clemons has deep shooting range, can play without the ball, and might thrive playing in a more wide-open system alongside another playmaker. But he will have to fight to stay on the court defensively given his lack of height, and continue to prove he can be a willing passer when called upon. The odds aren’t necessarily in his favor, but he’ll get a chance to keep proving himself.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

CBS
    Moses Brown | UCLA | Fr | C | 7-1 | 245

Strengths:
    Good shot-blocker; jumbo frame

Weaknesses:
    Stiff; lacks quickness; very raw

Deeper Dive:
    • Blocked at least one shot in 29 of 32 games played as a freshman

SI
    MOSES BROWN
    C, UCLA | Freshman
    Height: 7’2” | Weight: 240 | Age: 19
    Still young and early in his development, Brown is certifiably enormous, but he’s a long way off from making positive NBA contributions and might have benefited from a second year of college. The league has shifted away from heavier-footed bigs like him, and while he got away with some things easily at the college level due to his sheer size, fitting into the physical, faster-paced pro game is going to take time. The knock on Brown has long been that he doesn’t play with a great deal of passion. It will require a great deal of work, but because there aren’t many players with his body type, he’ll have opportunities to work himself into a backup center. The G League will be a good litmus test for him.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I like this dude. Seems like that polished international that knows how to get **** done on the court.

4. ipaman

Disagree. He is slow and yet he competes at an extremely high level internationally. That's because guys with physical limitations learn how to play basketball and mentally superior to the idiot athletes that riddle the NBA. Just my opinion but I really like this signing.

giddyup, UTSA2step and daywalker02 like this.
  5. ipaman

Midget Statbrook

6. Asian Sensation

I actually think that’s one of the reasons he’s capped from progressing further. He has no sense of touch or distance when it comes to passing. Some of his passes are just way off and make you go wtf. Of course passing isn’t a strong suit for a lot of bigs but it’d be nice to have someone be able to properly execute an outlet pass to start a break or just pass out of the post without turning it over.

Also, he’s still soft as hell. There’s a lot of what should be sure rebounds he doesn't get or gets and loses right away cause he can’t secure the ball.

7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Yea I saw that on the highlights.... has the same habit Clint does by just bodying behind a guy and trying to use his reach.... I’m always surprised that he doesn’t get more over the back calls on him.....

I think a year or 2 in our weight program can toughen him up. But you can’t teach 7’1” with long arms and good hops lol

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fern t*** and Murray hitting up Goodwill to fill the roster out.

Nook likes this.
  9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

What’s crazy is guys that are saying undrafted players are garbage are probably the same ones saying we should get Covington....... or wishing we had van fleet

10. allanivan

allanivan Member

i think MR.Ponds can really be our van fleet..finger crossed

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

During the season we hear how a 1st rookie cant help this team, then come draft nite folks get excited about undrafted and 2nd round players.

D-rock likes this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Man, I wanted Tacko Fall but he signed with the Celtics.

jch1911 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You say that, until he switches a pick and roll. That's when one of these " idiots" will likely eat him alive on a bad matchup in a critical situation.

14. allanivan

allanivan Member

15. rockets13champs

Vivi likes this.