1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should houston be..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Worried....

I hear all this talk about open flood gates because of Curry and Dramond only ones healthy. Well what about the other monster now? The Lakers by the season end could be sick with Lebron and Davis in full stride. Teams are getting better fast..I just dont know about this team being there. What if Paul is mediocre this year. All this media talk about them two not getting along? Shouldn't they be planning on a attack, and be focused this year? Good teammates are buddies you would think.....

We are bringing in Ben Mclemore to save this year? I just think if houston Runs it back one more time without a true 2nd or 3rd star, Morey should get fired. Harden alone wont beat Lakers. Dont get on here and tell me the Lakers are gonna suck. Lakers were near 4th seed before lebron left. Look at Utah with Conley now, there gonna be good.

I just think This team wont have it, and the turmoil that has been created with paul might effect the season. I hope im wrong but if a 5th seed 50-32 is amoung us, and a quick exit. Its nice to win games in the season, but what are we really doing?

Bengchu and tc0330 like this.
  2. Homey the Clown

I'm not worried. I'm just not expecting much from the team next season. Too much BS going on behind the scenes. And will Harden's MVP isolation style of play become a problem again when the playoffs start? That and, as you mentioned, a few teams out West have improved their roster already. As thin as the Lakers look right now, they will be a threat by the time the season starts. A Lakers team with LeBron and Davis will find a way to make some noise. Then there's the Clippers if they get Kawhi and another star. Utah will be better with Conley. Portland will run it back with rookie Nassir Little. Spurs are always solid. OKC is an annoyance. The rest of the teams shouldn't be much of an issue but that's no guarantee.

Then there's the Bucks, Raptors and 76ers in the East.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Unless they manage to sign a third star, I think the Lakers will still struggle and have to settle for a lower seed. They've got two great players, a couple of pretty good ones, and nothing else. Even if they sign some ring-chasing vets, it'll take a while for everyone to gel. LeBron and Kuzma are the only starters or rotation guys they've got who have ever played together.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

i'll be worry if nothing happens by the end of July

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

from what ive been seeing, its not morey, its tilman.

RichieBanks likes this.
  6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Nothing to worry about.

We have been the 2nd best team over the past 25 years....

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I politely ask that we refrain from using click bait titles. I get enough of that elsewhere on the internet.

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

What if Lebron and AD can’t stay healthy? What if they put another crap collection of players around them? Lakers front office doesn’t have a great track record lately and now have an injury prone star and a star with a ton of miles on him.

What if Conley can’t stay healthy in Utah? What happens if they lose Favors in free agency along with Rubio? Favors, Rubio and Crowder were the best players in that series vs us and Conley has consistently been hurt over the years.

I mean, we can play what-if scenarios all day long with every team. As of now, we have just as good a chance as anyone to come out of the West.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

If the team is the exact same as last season when we start, i won't be worried, i think they can compete, but i won't be exactly excited about our chances.

tc0330 likes this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Don't overreact to the Lakers yet. They basically have AD, Lebron and Kuzma. That isn't a team. Personally, I also feel like we will see Lebron losing a step next season and not being nearly the dominant force that he has been. I think we saw that some last year, but of course he was dealing with injuries last year also- which is also a problem AD has had in his career as well.

It will depend on how well they fill out the rest of their roster. Even after that, they will most likely take time to gel and build chemistry

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Regress to 48 wins if morey don’t use partial MLE to sign House.

Faried and rivers gone.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

My man - you watch too many hot take shows. Do me a favor - go back and watch the hot take shows from last summer and see how many of the improvised summer narratives made any difference at all in the season.

As I recall this time last year, the Lakers were considered the 2nd best team in the league - how did that one turn out? AD is a beast - no doubt but he also has played very little playoff basketball and is paired with Lebron who will be 35 and a half by the time next year's playoffs rolls around and oh by the way - he has started having little injuries bother him. Lebron is still very good but he has slipped several notches on defense and doesn't have the overwhelming physical advantage he used to have to hide his shaky shooting while as awesome as AD has been, he hasn't single handedly been able to carry a team at any point in his career until he had Holliday and Boogie playing at an All Star level beside him.

As I recall this time last year, the Rockets were said to be barely a playoff team because they lost Ariza and Luc and other teams in the West (like the Lakers and Twolves) got better. Again, how did that turn out? Getting so close but losing to the greatest team of all time two years in a row while frustrating isn't exactly a sign of underperformance but maybe overachievement. Yes Houston needs to get better, literally every team in the league has that goal this offseason - that's what makes it hard because everyone is trying to do exactly the same thing drawing from the same pool of players so sometimes you have to dig deeper to get value in unexpected places(hence the McLemore rumors)....but seriously man - don't overreact based on what some idiot on TV is saying. Literally 28 of the 30 NBA teams would LOVE to have Harden on their roster, or Morey as their GM...or would love to be the team that actually gave the Warriors a run for their money vs being a sacrificial lamb(Portland).

BigShasta and RichieBanks like this.
  13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

in all honesty, im not worried about the lakers. at all. i dont think theyre gonna be as good as people think theyre gonna be.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

At this point our two best players are not getting along. That's enough reason to worry

tc0330 likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

The fact that you think we gave Mclemore a tryout to save the season shows you are not thinking rational.

Why would anyone leap to that conclusion.

Why would you focus on that tryout?

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

"allegedly"

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Why couldn’t you put “worried” in the title? I’m boycotting threads that have an ellipsis in the title.