1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Rebrand Idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chad Butler, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Greetings fellow Rockets fans.

Let me preface this post by saying I like the new uniforms and I’m looking forward to seeing them in action. The only critique I have is the sides should have been checkered like the Statement jerseys. And in my head, I’m all about autonomy so I don’t think jerseys should have structural changes like that. It should be a direct color swap for alternative jerseys. Other than that, I’m satisfied.

Now with that being said, I like when teams utilize a modernized classic look when it comes to their jerseys. Look at franchises like the Lakers and the Celtics. The foundation of the jerseys have remained the same for years because of the iconic look but they still have a modern feel. I think the Rockets could benefit from a rebrand like that. I know it’s a longshot but if someone like @KellyUnchained (love your work for The Athletic) could shoot this over to a team official maybe and get the wheels started on a true rebrand for the team in the near future, I would love that.

With that being said, here’s the uniforms I think we should use. They’re absolutely perfect with the original font used on the ketchup and mustard jerseys and I also love the Toyota Center logo on the side. The Astros went with a modern vintage look and I think this would work really well for the Rockets. And teams like the Celtics and Pistons still use their classic logo so we should use ours too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also think we should have a yellow alternate but I know that could be overkill. Anyways, tell me what you guys think.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think the pics aren't showing up in your original post, but they are there when I reply to you. Any chance you can fix that?

The Astros jersey while cool is a terrible idea. Teams within the same city should always differentiate from one another style-wise. Should the Chicago Bears start wearing the Cubs' blue? Hell no. They're da friggin Bears!

D-rock likes this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't know, I kind of always liked how the Pittsburgh teams all share the same color scheme.

BigggReddd and Game7 like this.
  4. Game7

Game7 Member

Key to that is that they always shared those colors. I am not in favor of any Rockets “retro” jersey that doesn’t reflect the Rockets history. Anything else makes no sense.

BigggReddd and don grahamleone like this.
  5. don grahamleone

Pittsburgh sucks. Houston doesn't.

6. don grahamleone

I don't suppose you're arguing for a green jersey, huh?

[​IMG]

I am not advocating for a green jersey, for the record.

Why not?, D-rock, Game7 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The Astros flavored jersey is fantastic.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Mock up a houston oilers one please.

9. KellyUnchained

Damn these are fire. I’ll show them to someone for sure, might be too late since they’ve probably already spent a ton on the unveiling and manufacturing of the new threads but it’s worth a shot

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

damn those blue ones are sick too

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That Astros one is super sick - would love to see that one happen.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I concur. Pretty dope! Astros could do
    a ketchup and mustard as well

Richie_Rich and alethios like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How original.....not. Rockets are not going back to the old logo. It wasn't that good in the first place. Celtics logo is classic. Piston...ehh, but they are Detroit. I may like the "old" uniforms, there was never anything special about them. Rockets are trying what the Astros did, to some extent...Update the uniforms/logos while honoring the past. However, the Astros' logos and Rainbow uniforms were always better.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um.....all he did was post the original k&m uniforms with the Nike and Toyota logs...LOL. The Rockets are not going back to those as primary. That is not a rebranding. What the Rockets released is a re-branding.

You guys sound like the Oilers-Texans die-harders who don't understand that the Texans can't and will not ever go Columbia Blue and change their name to the Oilers (Especially since the Titans owned everything Oiler-related and have said NO).

Stop wasting your time......there is a reason the Astros went back, while UPDATING their logo and uniforms to be more contemporary. The using the Exact uniforms and logos for the Rockets is not smart marketing. The logo and uniforms were not big sellers then.....because there was nothing special about them. Nostalgia only sells to a certain extent.

#14 Mr.Scarface, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  15. rockets13champs

Jerseys are nice Astro’s one is trash

16. rockets13champs

Astros already a championship franchise, so we can’t Change their colors. And since the Texans are called the Texans we cannot take away blue from them and make them rockets colors or take red away and add orange to make them Astros colors

New York has orange and blue for Mets, Knicks and Islanders. Jets were supposed to be orange and blue but they made em green 50 years ago

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Also, the Astros jersey looks like one of Denver's old uniforms AND one of their current Alternatives......

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a beautiful logo
    so pure

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sponsor wouldn't be Toyota

it would be Fiesta

20. Game7

Game7 Member

It would be interesting as a throwback to have available. But no I am not advocating for it.

#20 Game7, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    don grahamleone likes this.